Sign in to follow this  
NO XQS

Replica E46 M3 Bumper Fitment Problem

Hi Guys, I recently bought a replica M3 bumper from TradeMe and apparently was made/meant for an E46 coupe but upon trying to fit it, the reinforcement bar do not sit flush in the replica bumper and also the sides of the bumper seems 10mm longer on each side. so it basically sits on the outside of the brackets and if I tried to force the ends of the bumper into the bracket the centre of the bumper folds or waves up. It's a nightmare but the seller told me he has sold plenty and never had issues. The only thing I can say it's different is that my car is a NZ New car and the replica bumper is imported from China (so maybe moulded from Jap imports) question, does anyone here had the same issue or does anyone here know if the NZ New cars are different from the Jap imports? One would think the bumper fitments would be the same around the world? Or clearly the seller has given me the wrong bumper or the seller's supplier has given him a wrong batch?

Seller has given you the wrong bumper.

OEM e46 m3 bumper sit out as you say 10mm each side as they are made for m3 coupe flared guards.

If it was molded from an e46 m3 OEM bumper It wont fit a e46 coupe or e46 sedan. You have to mold the edges (quite tricky to do) or modify your gaurd for e46 m3 ones. (very expensive)

Send it back to the seller and phone 021 2 hell bm ... ray has a contact for proper rep e46 m3 bumpers that will fit a sedan and are the closest copies I've seen in the country.

Good luck

Seller has given you the wrong bumper.

OEM e46 m3 bumper sit out as you say 10mm each side as they are made for m3 coupe flared guards.

If it was molded from an e46 m3 OEM bumper It wont fit a e46 coupe or e46 sedan. You have to mold the edges (quite tricky to do) or modify your gaurd for e46 m3 ones. (very expensive)

Send it back to the seller and phone 021 2 hell bm ... ray has a contact for proper rep e46 m3 bumpers that will fit a sedan and are the closest copies I've seen in the country.

Good luck

Thanks, will give Ray a try. Seller says the bumper was made specifically for non M3 coupes. He says possibly NZ New cars is different from Jap imports. Anyways he is giving me a full refund which is good of him. I will try Euro 2000 Car Parts in Auckland too.

The seller doesnt know what hes talking about it seems.

The only thing about the Jap cars that is different is factory optioned things like bumper design, wheel design and some electronic modules oh and the key is usually IR and not radio based..

All other panels on the car are that same around the world.

The different models are e46 sedan, e46 coupe, e46 m3 and e46 touring