Sign in to follow this  
deeveus

Possible work car?

Currently got a Holden Ashtray which is good, actually really good, but I need a bit more space to throw things in the back of.

Anyone know THIS car? I've never actually driven an E39, what do I need to look out for?

Pixels die in the heater display and dash/odo.

Front bushes wear causing a wobble in steering.

Both E39's i've had the A/C has f**ked out so check that works well.

Buttons on the heater controls break very easily so check that. you have to buy a whole new "faceplate" for them as far as I know.

Seat adjustment can quite often be broken as your foot can kick them getting in and out the car

Typical cooling bullshit everyone goes on about, I've never had a problem with any of it on my 528i or my 540i touch wood, but it does happen so find out about all that

Don't go smaller than a 528i..I don't care what anyone says i've owned one and any less power would be annoying and would make it thirsty im sure of it.

At this stage the only similar cars i'd look at trading my E39 for is a manual xr6 turbo or a nice aero kitted X5. they're a fantastic car that ride nice and travel well.

Currently got a Holden Ashtray which is good, actually really good, but I need a bit more space to throw things in the back of.

Anyone know THIS car? I've never actually driven an E39, what do I need to look out for?

ther is the e39 guide here somewhere too..Ya cant go wrong with them i reckon.

Can't go wrong at that price, good optioned one too.