Sign in to follow this  
mudsurfn

BMW Service in New Plymouth

I am new to BMW's, I have recently brought a 1998 Z3. There are no official BMW service centres in New Plymouth. Can anyone reccomend a a good place to get a service here, or should I be considering taking it out of town to an authorised service agent

Cheers

Gary

Hi Garry, if you enjoy your Z3 half as much as I enjoy my E36 & E30 before, you will be over the moon !

My E36 came with a service history as documented in the Service Booklet. The car came from & was serviced in Taranaki at Northcroft Subaru & European. Totally unimpressed with the catch up service I had to do to get the car back to scratch.

I am sure some of the guys will come up with references, Craig McFarland in Waitara may help, he is a friend of mine who has always been straight up (and a Councillor I think)

If you wish to contact me direct by email. please do, I can refere you to a couple out of town who are involved with Race & Rally servicing.

Or maybe contact Simon who was a local Bimmersport member in Taranaki,

http://www.bimmersport.co.nz/forums/index....=4&MID=2351

regards

Paul E36

[url="http://clubsport-bmw.webs.com/"]

Would stay away from Northcott, have had a few......... shall we say run ins with the service & parts guys.

Simon is a member in Hawkes Bay, to my knowledge has never lived in NP.

Otherwise i'm sorry i can't point you in the right direction re servicing, i do my own.

Hi Gary

I have been to Rod Gilbert a few times, he is an older guy that just works from home in his workshop on Manadon Street in Spotswood.

Other than that i just do the normal oil changes and maintenance myself if im capable.

Rod Gilbert

Euro Connection

Cheers Blair

Would stay away from Northcott, have had a few......... shall we say run ins with the service & parts guys.

+1 million

I find AVS in Bell Block do an excellent job personally. Well priced and no there stuff.

SHUCKS I miss out lollies,Rod comes to me anyways lollies

Hey gary, i too have had this problem with lack of servicing in np.

I too havnt had gd dealings with subaru european.

I trust my wifes E46 M touring with EnergyCity Ford. Ask for Craig Neilson the servicing manager.

I have rung BMW NZ to get advise on the correct oils to use for engine and trans etc tho,

And supplied these myself to garrentee the right prooduct to be used.

You will find BMW NZ will try sell u there engine oil for $280 but i asked the guy in parys to get real,

and he told me it was castrol edge haha.

The only down fall is ford cant reset your service spedo,maybe that rob guy could help there?

Cheers

I've used Idrive a few times for the E38s, been very happy with the team and outcomes. Pricing and advice has been solid to

Richard at HDR NEW plymouth is the wisest European workshop . 

5 star service and all