Sign in to follow this  
miketonny

newbie 525i key question

Hi,

I just bought a BMW 525i, but i'm stuck on the key i couldn't get it to work properly i have to keep pressing all of them a lot of times to either lock or unlock the car. does anyone know how to use it properly? like which is lock and which is unlock? i cant upload image here, i think its a master key, the big one, round top and squire bottom, on the surface are one round button and one rectangle button.

any help is appreciated thanks

Hi,

I just bought a BMW 525i, but i'm stuck on the key i couldn't get it to work properly i have to keep pressing all of them a lot of times to either lock or unlock the car. does anyone know how to use it properly? like which is lock and which is unlock? i cant upload image here, i think its a master key, the big one, round top and squire bottom, on the surface are one round button and one rectangle button.

It's probably an infrared one like mine., does it have a led looking thing by the barrel? Aim at the center mirror, push the button and keep holding and aiming. I find it's not usually instantaneous and requires some aim.

Infrared = fail.

Hi,

Hi Mike,

Yep, as above - your Jap car uses an infra red remote system as opposed to the Euro/NZ spec that uses RF - a much superior system as far as range.

The receiver is in the clown nose on the mirror. you need to be fairly direct in aim & close to the car.

As far as the key - you have the earlier key - the round button is lock, the rectangular is unlock.

N.B. As remote batteries lose their strength - the reception/range becomes even more crap.