Sign in to follow this  
nzhaystack

Brake wear light?

Hey guys,

Supprisingly enough my car has been going like a swiss watch for the last month or so no problems what so ever apart from today on the way home from school. I braked at the stop sign and the Brake wear warning light came on for a second than off again. I then braked again and it came on and stayed on then braked again and it was off. Went out again 20m later and on the way there it done it on and off about 10 times and on the way back it was on the entire time. Old owner done the front pads and they have plenty of meet still on them. I have drums in the back which i have never measured the amount of meet on them but havent seen a problem with them so far so i am thinking a faulty sensor could be it? Is there only 1 sensor for e30's? if so where abouts do i need to look?

Thanks

Mitch

Hey guys,

Supprisingly enough my car has been going like a swiss watch for the last month or so no problems what so ever apart from today on the way home from school. I braked at the stop sign and the Brake wear warning light came on for a second than off again. I then braked again and it came on and stayed on then braked again and it was off. Went out again 20m later and on the way there it done it on and off about 10 times and on the way back it was on the entire time. Old owner done the front pads and they have plenty of meet still on them. I have drums in the back which i have never measured the amount of meet on them but havent seen a problem with them so far so i am thinking a faulty sensor could be it? Is there only 1 sensor for e30's? if so where abouts do i need to look?

Thanks

Mitch

Front left brake caliper on E30s with drum rear brakes. E30s with all four discs have two, but yours should only have the one.

Front left brake caliper on E30s with drum rear brakes. E30s with all four discs have two, but yours should only have the one.

Sweet, is it standard procedure/reccomended to replace sensor when pads are done?

Sweet, is it standard procedure/reccomended to replace sensor when pads are done?

It is recommended.

Standard procedure is to remove the bulb, or loop the wires ;):blink: