Sign in to follow this  
JaseNZ

Telstra clear package question.

So I just had this guy from Telstra clear knock on my door offering to save me a million dollars a year. Currently I am will telecom and have my phone line and mobile through them as well as a 60gig broadband plan.

Telstra clear is offering all the same with the sky rolled into the bill as well all for around $200 per month.

This includes a t-box which I assume is the same as the mysky box with my hd ticket as well. The only thing they cannot offer is porting my mobile across.

Who's with Telstra ?? , are they any good and does anybody have the sort of package I am talking about.

Just after as much info as possible so I can make my mind up.

Edited by M-Spec

we have Digital TV, internet (10G) & home phone with Telstra.. It's works out a little cheaper that Telecom but we chose Telstra because they offered no fixed term.

TV and internet are pretty good, but there have been a few times when the lines have gone in our area, end up losing TV and net for the better part of a day.

T-Box is appealing but we just don't like the idea of signing up for 24 months, which is what's required.

Laurence

we have Digital TV, internet (10G) & home phone with Telstra.. It's works out a little cheaper that Telecom but we chose Telstra because they offered no fixed term.

TV and internet are pretty good, but there have been a few times when the lines have gone in our area, end up losing TV and net for the better part of a day.

T-Box is appealing but we just don't like the idea of signing up for 24 months, which is what's required.

Laurence

Yup thats the major concern for me is the 24 months term.

I mainly went with Telstra coz they do cable internet

they had no issue transferring my old vodafone mobile number across

Just be careful - unless they have changed their policy, their broadband billing is crap.

They bill in 'blocks' and if you run out on the last day of the billing month, they bill you for a new block, and the unused portion is not transferable !!

Also EVERY time I have tried to change phone providers at home or work, I spend the next 3 months trying to get everything working right, and the billing fixed up - considering this is what these companies do for a living, I am always surprised how badly they @uck up changeovers :rolleyes: :rolleyes: I wonder if they do it on purpose so you can't be bothered changing from them :ph34r:

T-Box Works well, provided you don't mind laggy menus. Unable to be remotely managed unlike mySky. Content is the same as skiy (give or take)

Cable FTW. Might not be so relevant in this day and age, but still. I get a consistent 15mbps and good gaming ping times. As ultrafast broadband gets rolled out nationwide, expect competitively higher cable speeds as the network is all docsis3 compliant now.

I have my internet and phone with TC.

I have found recently their internet reliability & speeds probably the best in the country ATM. No outage in more than 12 months.

I used to have problems, and getting through to their call centre when you have a problem is a pain in the preverbal. Changing your plan can be a problem too, you can loose connection until you remind them to do it properly.

But recently they are pretty good. I'm in welly so I'm on their fibre loop so get really good speeds for PS3 gaming, even good enough to hold my own against US gamers.

I don't have their T - box, I used to have their old TV tuner and it was rubbish. can't be bothered changing again now I have my universal remote setup to work mysky.

Sumup - if it saves you $$ then phone & internet are a no - brainer. T-box is supposed to compete with mysky but I don't know anyone with one to really compare.

Thanks for all the input guys and in weighing everything up I going to stay where I am. Yes it would be cheaper to go across to Telstra Clear but I don't like being locked into non fixed contract for 2 years.

Currently I do get good service from Telecom and never have a problem with my broadband (except when we get slammed with f**ken quakes). My mobile is all rolled into everything and now I have an Iphone I bloody love the app of being able to remotely set recordings for sky.

Sometimes I guess the saying of the devil you know serves you best.

We (Telecom) announced yesterday that we will be offering full Sky all on your Telecom account. No other details yet on what prices are but thats something to look out for.

Edited by Gaz

We (Telecom) announced yesterday that we will be offering full Sky all on your Telecom account. No other details yet on what prices are but thats something to look out for.

That would be handy indeed.