Sign in to follow this  
master garion

rear view mirror for E46

as above, must be in good nick with wiring and harness etc so i can just plug it in. I'm not sure how many different types there are and what other models share the same mirror but mine receives the signal from the key fob to operate door locks. thanks

Edited by master garion

as above, must be in good nick with wiring and harness etc so i can just plug it in. I'm not sure how many different types there are and what other models share the same mirror but mine receives the signal from the key fob to operate door locks. thanks

I went through a lot of drama after my central locking failed due to a defective mirror (the frequency reciever only - the auto dim function was fine). NZ OEM cost was around $1,400 I recall. Searched NZ yards for a few months but needed one ex a Jap import and none were available, note NZ new and euro use the rear window radio antenna.

Eventually brought one from the US (off EBay) - needed one ex a convertible as the US sedan also use the radio antenna. Paid NZ$600 by the time I frieghted it (premium service). Worked fine once installed but the smaller oval shape took a bit of getting used to.

I did something incredibly stupid - I chopped off the wiring between the mirror and holder thing. Obviously the remote central locking doesn't work anymore. I'm assuming if i got the same mirror and plugged it in, I should get my central locking back?

and what's auto-dim? Mine's not that fancy, i have to twist the clown nose to dim.

Edited by master garion

Easy fix. We have all options.