Sign in to follow this  
gpetersen

Red E46 M3

Hi Guys,

Im new to this forum, but had a few friends with bimmers tell me bout this forum so thought id check it out... Anyway heres a few pics of my M3 i got just a few weeks ago :D

i have a few things i will be doin to it over the next couple of months so will keep this thread up to date as i do them :D

http://s1183.photobucket.com/albums/x472/gpetersen1/

Nice, love e46 m3's. Not sure I like the front lip though. Good to see you got one with the 18's

Is it manual or SMG?

Nice, love e46 m3's. Not sure I like the front lip though. Good to see you got one with the 18's

Is it manual or SMG?

thanks bro :D the lip did look a bit chunky wen i first got but on the car in person looks a lot nicer. Haha i dont like the wheels ay, they for sale if u know anybody that wants to buy them, tires stil have tonnes of tread left on them.

its smg :D

Edited by imolaM3

Agree with Ethan on the lip... But nice whip regardless!! :D

How is the SMG to drive with? I havent driven an e46 with one as such. Some say they are a bit slow and bore you with no clutch? (no offence)

Haha i dont like the wheels ay,

Dont go buy some heavy junky non forged wheels for it if your replacing the OE ones. Keep the OE ones for a spare set for track days, you wont regret it.

First port of call for you is -> http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12 for ideas of what can be done. plenty of guys on their who have some some great stuff.

Yea put OEM 19s on it. Improves the whole car so much. Heres a pic of ours after we put 19s on it.

post-5250-1307441648.png

How is the SMG to drive with? I havent driven an e46 with one as such. Some say they are a bit slow and bore you with no clutch? (no offence)

the SMG i think is great to drive with, haha i cant see how it would be slow? with the SMG turned all the way up and shifting at 8000rpm the thing shifts faster than what i've seen most people shift normal manual with. What i find with the smg box is that u r stil driving a manual, u just dont have a clutch pedal...Even though there is an auto option, its pretty sh*t, its like someone shifting ur manual for u while u drive and just dumping the clutch out at every gear change.

Hahaha its pretty hard to get bored with the power its got and also the DSC switch :P

no offence taken my man :D

grant its byzaa ! looking good bro.

BYZA! Where u been brudda, long time no see...hahaha thanks bro :D stil a bit more to come, but in time. I'll probly put the pics up here as im doin them too :)