Sign in to follow this  
John Armstrong

Getrag Gearbox Serial Numbers

I run a 75 Saloon with the BMW 47R Engine which gives me much pleasure. However, can anyone advise on the two Serial numbers :-

47R37 213171061 and

283 26020 021471061

I've been advised they are the same Gearbox (last 5 numbers same) but, can anyone pass comments please

and many thanks.

John R. Armstrong Doncaster UK

Edited by John Armstrong

I run a 75 Saloon with the BMW 47R Engine which gives me much pleasure. However, can anyone advise on the two Serial numbers :-

47R37 213171061 and

283 26020 021471061

I've been advised they are the same Gearbox (last 5 numbers same) but, can anyone pass comments please

and many thanks.

John R. Armstrong Doncaster UK

Anybody out there - ???

I can see the the 47R37 is a Rover application on the first S/number and that the 283 is the Getrag type of s/number used in various applications. However, both are for Rover 75 application.. What part of the number is the actual serial number or is the second number for a petrol application rather than the first number which is a diesel application. ? There again - does the last three numbers relate to anything..Come on, I'm really struggling..all I want is an explanation for an expert in this field....please

John Armstrong

Not really sure what you're actually asking for?

Would love to help you in your quest, but the chances of finding a Rover expert on here are rather low!

Good luck in your quest.

maybe a getrag 260

283 """ 260"" 20 021471061