Sign in to follow this  
sascha

Which DSLR?

at the store I work in we stopped selling Nikon, because of the distributor in NZ, less suport etc mainly because they were so small.

Eitherway haggle a lot, try and get a big box store or camera store to match a better price (again you dont want to buy it from a place you cant drive to to bring it back check out price spy etc) and ask for things thrown in or heavy discount at the time of purchase (bags, cards, tripods etc) as these all have much higher margins and I could sell most bags etc for less than half price when buying a camera but if you came back later its unlikely as I could do the same deal.

This has been a great thread - I'm considering getting a DSLR at the moment too.

Good read - cheers guys!

Thanks guys for all the help, just got back from Aussie where I managed to have a good play with the camera and get some half decent shots.

Very happy with my choice (although I'm sure I'd be just as happy with the Nikon).

Matt I might take you up on that offer one day when I have the time!