Sign in to follow this  
kiwi535

sheesh

my gawd,was looking at a hid conversion,$1700 ........and thats just for the globes,ballasts etc to swap into my projectors....Ali!!!!!!!!

HAH .. are you referring to me ??

What can i do for you ??

But hey .. it's well worth it .. hehe ....

I beleive optioned from factor is around $1500 - $2000 can't remember exactly ...

The only thing i can offer is whats on my site .. or i source you cheaper hid kits .. everything you need apart from the headlight surrounds ...

HAH .. are you referring to me ??

What can i do for you ??

But hey .. it's well worth it .. hehe ....

I beleive optioned from factor is around $1500 - $2000 can't remember exactly ...

The only thing i can offer is whats on my site .. or i source you cheaper hid kits .. everything you need apart from the headlight surrounds ...

I can probably get the kit landed here for around $600 ... have to double check on that .. let me know if your interested ..

EDIT: actually more like under $500 ... lol ..

Edited by aliluya

sorry just a question... what does HID do exactly to account for the huge price??

my gawd,was looking at a hid conversion,$1700 ........and thats just for the globes,ballasts etc to swap into my projectors....Ali!!!!!!!!

paul, thats cheap as!!!

converting to HID on an e39 costs over $2000 PER HEADLIGHT, without the ballasts

:gay:

sorry just a question... what does HID do exactly to account for the huge price??

They produce at least 3 times more light than normal halogen bulbs .. and last up to 3-4 times longer than normal halogen bulbs too ...

They are just way cooler .. haha ... nah the performance out of the true HID's are just supurb .. !! thats why they are so costly ...

e39 costs over $2000 PER HEADLIGHT

and that would be a perfectly legit swap????

I am talking about globes wiring and ballasts only with adapters for my H1 headlights,not sure about legality (i have washers and in car adjustment )

if you got a kit could you get them "certified"?

Edited by kiwi535

I am talking about globes wiring and ballasts only with adapters for my H1 headlights,not sure about legality (i have washers and in car adjustment )

Paul what you are trying to do is illegal, you need to change the whole headlight system to HID for it to be legal ...

You see, Ali has an E46 sedan without HID and it looks quite different to my E46 WITH HID ... if Ali can post a picture of his headlights and i can post one of mine when i get home then you can compare the difference ...

You won't get a certification anyway ...

here is what the HID headlights look like ...

The HID has the funny thing in the low beam light ... thats the auto adjuster thingy .. every bmw that i've been in without HID has the incar switch your talking about that adjusts the height .. but the HID's don't have that .. it's done automatically ...

thats OEM bmw/hella ones out of hella (at a mean price too :o )

Cam I Hate to ask...is there a e32 or e 34 kit????[waits]with gritted teeth[/waits]

and Ali I know that its illegal to fit aftermarket hids,but can you get them certified to make em legal???

Edited by kiwi535

Sorry there is no way around it unless you get the whole headlights changed ...

there just simply is nothing you can do except spend $$$$

Cam I Hate to ask...is there a e32 or e 34 kit????[waits]with gritted teeth[/waits]

and Ali I know that its illegal to fit aftermarket hids,but can you get them certified to make em legal???

I've never seen one.... but they use common insert sizes so I imagine there would be a universal kit out there somewhere.....

Just mac some 100w bulbs in there, run a couple of extra relays if you deem it necessary :pimp:

But according to ltsa you can't just check super high wattage bulbs in there either ...

how are they goin to know???

They may not know .. but some car's wires don't like the high wattage bulbs at all .. have seen a few .. the plastic connectors melted ... my last E36 connectors got burnt .. haha ... it' sorta melted to ... i speak from experience ... BUT it does give a helluvalot more light tho !

how are they goin to know???

The magical light machine thingy that they wheel out in front of your car at the testing station to test your lights- I was failed for having my headlights set too high (wanted more light at greater distance)...anyway: doesn't that machine measure light intensity?

No those things are jsut used to measure the angle your lights are pointing at ...

the red box on wheels thig measures light intensity in LUX but they can't fail yo for being too bright..

100/90w bulbs are sweet, and if you add relays to suit then nothing will go wrong, plastic headlights aren't too keen on them at times though

couple of times on the motorway cars have gone in the opposite direction with these bright lights and it is soo freaking bright like the guy is going on high beam. Doesnt seem very safe cos you get blinded for a while. Just imagine if this happened on the normal road without the centre wall to block at least some of it. Why both with them anyway since all the roads have street lights anyway!?!

Edited by stolen

ever been south of the bombays buddy???

streetlights on every road"???? I'd love to live in your world :P