Sign in to follow this  
liyi_92

E39 4:3 OBC & Television Help

Hello, on my E39 I have the older style television with no SATNAV. The knob that is needed to scroll through the menu (eg move from On Board computer to Television) is not working. I have already unplugged the battery for around 10 mins to reset the computer but it still does not work.

The screen is the older 4:3 smaller screen. I am talking about the knob right beside the screen. Its not functioning left or right but I could still press down on it.

Any helps or suggestions? I want to DIY instead of paying out to BMW people.

Thanks

-Andy

Edited by andy_e39

Hello, on my E39 I have the older style television with no SATNAV. The knob that is needed to scroll through the menu (eg move from On Board computer to Television) is not working. I have already unplugged the battery for around 10 mins to reset the computer but it still does not work.

The screen is the older 4:3 smaller screen. I am talking about the knob right beside the screen. Its not functioning left or right but I could still press down on it.

Any helps or suggestions? I want to DIY instead of paying out to BMW people.

Thanks

-Andy

Replace the rotary controller. Google. Other people have same problem and have sourced replacement parts.

Try a small bit of CRC as a lubricant to maybe get it going in the interim before you replace it.