Sign in to follow this  
kwhelan

BMW nav Disks

Does anyone run any of the custom nav disks, ie voice alerts night mode speedcameras boot logos etc. Are there any issues or problems. Did you modify your own iso or did you download a custom image.

Does anyone run any of the custom nav disks, ie voice alerts night mode speedcameras boot logos etc. Are there any issues or problems. Did you modify your own iso or did you download a custom image.

I always made my own

Beware of the issues: NightMode kludges another language to make it happen, it overwrites the language option with "Nightmode On/Off" instead of "Language EN/DE"

So make sure that the nav is set for the right languages otherwise you'll start getting mixes of EN, FR, DE etc

So understand first what languages you want.

If you are going to the the language kludge, then I suggest you modify GB/US, so that you have 2x English, so at least you understand the text of the other language

ie: make your own is much better to get what you want.

I always made my own

Beware of the issues: NightMode kludges another language to make it happen, it overwrites the language option with "Nightmode On/Off" instead of "Language EN/DE"

So make sure that the nav is set for the right languages otherwise you'll start getting mixes of EN, FR, DE etc

So understand first what languages you want.

If you are going to the the language kludge, then I suggest you modify GB/US, so that you have 2x English, so at least you understand the text of the other language

ie: make your own is much better to get what you want.

Jochen - i thought the screen colour option was lost for Day/Night option. A while ago I briefly played with making a Night Mode disc. It worked but night background was not complete - as it should have been. Was going to have another play but have not yet got around to it.