Sign in to follow this  
BlowMyWhistle

e34 can't shut bonnet

Hi Y'all, as I said, I can't close the bonnet!

It opened okay, but now won't close. The bonnet swings down, but you cannot push it down in to the lock position.

There's some sort of mechanical, like a physical block there. I tried forcing it, a bit, sat on it, won't budge?

1 side seems to be sitting slightly higher than the other?

Yesterday a silly little man of asian descent backed into us, hardly touched the car, left a little paint on the LHS bumper strip, hardly contacted at all, just a glance, we managed to back away avoiding full contact!

Can't see this having any bearing on it?

but car's sitting in driveway now!

I looked at oem brekdown of bonnet parts, cant see anything there. perhaps the torsion spring, but no difference if I lever this out of the load position. hinges etc do not seem to have suddenly seized?

Seems to be a mechanical resistance at the front 'engine hood joint, it wont budge...

Anyone on board can help me out I'd appreciate it!

Cheers.

Hahhahaha excuse Me for my dumbness! I took 5 minutes off, went back and found the relay cover was undone, and the rear catch on the side where it was sitting high was striking on the edge of the cover!

Some things are really simple, just gotta work out a cause and effect!

Please shoot me, flame Me!

Hi Y'all, as I said, I can't close the bonnet!

It opened okay, but now won't close. The bonnet swings down, but you cannot push it down in to the lock position.

There's some sort of mechanical, like a physical block there. I tried forcing it, a bit, sat on it, won't budge?

1 side seems to be sitting slightly higher than the other?

Yesterday a silly little man of asian descent backed into us, hardly touched the car, left a little paint on the LHS bumper strip, hardly contacted at all, just a glance, we managed to back away avoiding full contact!

Can't see this having any bearing on it?

but car's sitting in driveway now!

I looked at oem brekdown of bonnet parts, cant see anything there. perhaps the torsion spring, but no difference if I lever this out of the load position. hinges etc do not seem to have suddenly seized?

Seems to be a mechanical resistance at the front 'engine hood joint, it wont budge...

Anyone on board can help me out I'd appreciate it!

Cheers.

ah yes the fuse box lid , a common problem