Sign in to follow this  
Gunner

E46 Flash Lock / Unlock?

Hi,

I'm just wondering if there may be a problem with my electrics of my car or if my car just doesn't have the correct functions.

I used a BMW Scanner 1.4.0 to recode the car to flash when its locked and unlocked. I selected the optical arming and optical disarming boxes, coded and tested but they don't flash when using the remote.

My car doesn't have a factory alarm but I read that it should still work which selecting these options?

Can anyone help out? BTW for a E46 Facelift 318i

Cheers

Hi,

I'm just wondering if there may be a problem with my electrics of my car or if my car just doesn't have the correct functions.

I used a BMW Scanner 1.4.0 to recode the car to flash when its locked and unlocked. I selected the optical arming and optical disarming boxes, coded and tested but they don't flash when using the remote.

My car doesn't have a factory alarm but I read that it should still work which selecting these options?

Can anyone help out? BTW for a E46 Facelift 318i

Cheers

if its a jap import it probably wont work due to having the IR key/EWS system rather than an RF one.

Nah its a Singapore import. Power is surging through my park lights when i lock or unlock it as my led park lights light up for minute but the turn signals don't.

Thanks anyway

Power is surging through my park lights when i lock or unlock it as my led park lights light up for minute

This is likely due to the LCM doing cold monitoring on the lights if they are aftermarket you will get this effect, (not related to the optical warning option)