Sign in to follow this  
alijanjan

e38 Heater only blowing cold

Good Day Guys

Now that the car is all back together after the accident, the heater decided to blow only cold air, no matter what setting

It was all ok before the accident

Radiator was damaged in the accident

I have been reading online about this and people talking about the auxiliary water pump and the electric valve etc, but in my case it just happenned after the accident

collant level is ok

any suggestions? really cold in the morning

sticky heater valve after not being used and coolant system been bleed etc

sticky heater valve after not being used and coolant system been bleed etc

is that the one which is attached to the auxiliary water pump?

cheers

Edited by alijanjan

the heater valve is the unit that the heater pipes go into just before they go past the firewall (inside the car.)

if you look under the bonnnet, near the bottom of the windscreen (the back of the motor) it is on the passenger side, fairly close to the motor, there will be 2 or three rubber coolant pipes going into the car. the unit which they all go into is the valve unit,

I susspect that there is a blockage or air in the system if it has only done it after the repair, take it back to the repairer as it is a related isssue to the repair.

the heater valve is the unit that the heater pipes go into just before they go past the firewall (inside the car.)

if you look under the bonnnet, near the bottom of the windscreen (the back of the motor) it is on the passenger side, fairly close to the motor, there will be 2 or three rubber coolant pipes going into the car. the unit which they all go into is the valve unit,

I susspect that there is a blockage or air in the system if it has only done it after the repair, take it back to the repairer as it is a related isssue to the repair.

Thanks for the reply

can it be air in the system? how can i get rid of it?

Actually i am the repairer :)

cheers

yes air in the system can cause this problem, you will need to bleed the cooling system there should be a little plastic screw in the top of the radiator that takes a philips screw driver. run the car, with the heater turned on hot, undo this screw to release air from the system, there should be some good online instructions if you are unsure of this, keep doing this until no more air bubbles are appearing, check the hoses by touch and see if they are hot or cold, if there is no more air in the system and the hose leading from the engine to the unit is hot and the others are cold then the unit is stuck, if the hose leading to the unit is cold then there is either more air in the system or a blockage problem.