Sign in to follow this  
BMW POWER

E90 3 Series

Do you like the new E90 3 Series?  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Of course i did Andy, But people will just get bored with my ramblings on every detail.

They are a really nice car, cant beat the original square lines and styling of an E30. This car was on Top Gear recently and lokked to go pretty damn nutz, a test drive at a local BMW dealership will give us all a true feel of what they are like :D

My boss got quite offended that he wasn't invited to the launch... After all he "only bought 3 BMWs from them last year" :D

This is a little more detailed than my initial assessment on the 'Off Topic' thread.

It did appear slightly larger than the E46, but part of that was because the car was raised off the ground on a perspex podium. From memory it is actually a little bigger because of the ever-evolving safety standards.

The lines down the side are quite reminiscent of the 5-er, and while it looks good, it shares much with the new Honda Accord on the back and sides. Definitely needs the little sport-spoiler on the bootlid. The 330i also had the sharks-fin aerial on top that I personally don't like. I think the aerial should be integrated within the roof of the car. Can't remember whether it was also on the 320d.

Looking at the interior the things that caught my eye were the 'start' button for the ignition (like the Honda S2000 etc.) SATNAV screen and a cooler gear-lever. The seats didn't seem substantially different from the Nappa leather Msport seats that I have.

I met a few of my clients at the launch, and actually most of them weren't very that keen on it. Mind you only one of them actually drives a Bimmer at the moment (the others are into their Mercs, Lexus & Audis). Fortunately my wife did like it, which wasn't the case when I showed her the magazine article reviews.

I had a chance to test drive both the new Audi A4 (3.2 V6) and the new S4 (4.2 V8) last week so will be interesting to compare them to the new 3-series.

So far I'd give it a 4 star rating (out of 5) until test drive. :thumb: