Sign in to follow this  
BMW POWER

E90 3 Series

Do you like the new E90 3 Series?  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well when i first saw the BMW pictures (like official ones) i thought the E90 was ugly. But i had a look at this wesbite : www.e90fanatics.com

And found that i actually liked the E90, As it is in real life (not official pics)

Interestingly enough, apparantly the E90 comes standard with 18's and 19's are an option... if that is soo.. goodbye to bottlecaps!

What do you guys reckon?

Pictures at: http://forum.e90fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=430

Posted Image

Nice 3 in Bavaria... beautiful mountains... oooh and a castle!

Posted Image

German spy pic

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

A photoshopped picture of the 3 Coupe. Looks like a mini 645.

Edited by BMW POWER

They looked a bit bland in photo's

But I work acroos the road from Shelly's here in Welly and saw it come of

the truck before it got whisked away, As normal it looks alot better in the flesh.

Still not to exciting tho. The V8 M3 should be hot tho B)

when primera meets honda accord you get new bmws......

I dont really dig, looks ok tho, so I think it'll grow on me, but then again, there's not many post 1997 cars I actually like.... what ever happened to making cars look cool??? now they all look the same

I'd hit a new 5, theres a mean gunmetal grey one here in palmy, all the gear, and enough dish to fry a fish... Everytime I see it I have to run to the toilet with cupped hands.... SPLOODGE

I love the new 3 series. I saw a truck load come off the wharf a couple of weeks ago. I'm love the rear end.

the E90 isnt that bad looking, esp when compared to the 5- and 7-series cars.

the only aspect i dont like of the styling is the rear lights....if I want a Primera, I'LL BUY A FREAKIN' PRIMERA!!!!!!!!!

And that dark grey colours' got to go, it doesn't show off the front styling properly. I've seen the silver coloured cars, they look mint.

apparantly the E90 comes standard with 18's and 19's are an option

That aint so true bro, the 320's will have 15 inch steel wheels, with 16s as an option, and the 330i will have 17's standard, 18s optional. 18 will also come as standard on the M3, will 19s or probably 20s optional.

Hey emma are you going to the new 3 series expo thingy on the 26th??

I'll be there with my partner. And i think it doesn't look too bad ... will know for sure when i see it in the fleesh on the 26th, then i'll give you my answer for sure ..

hah .....

Gonna sign it up for a test drive after the exhibition .... heh ...

Yea agreed on the Primera tail lights.

And the 330i doesnt come in manual.

f**k em.

Lately Bangle Bimmers have been getting a caining for build quality. Hopefully they get their sh*t together before turning into another MB.

Meanwhile the Japs are improving on every model. New Accords, Legacy and Maxima for example...

I love the new 3 series. I saw a truck load come off the wharf a couple of weeks ago. I'm love the rear end.

Yeap and then they got taken to car haulaways to be distributed around nz and thats where i was allowed to jump into one of them and take it for a cruise around the big warehouse, the gear system is really weird but i think youd get used to it, they have got sh*t loads of horny power with so many accessories youd think you were sitting in a cockpit of an aeroplane!!

Very nice comfortable ride, handles just perfectly, id buy one if i had the extra cash lying about. :ph34r:

i love them! the whole thing looks wicked

chris - im sure 330 does come in manual, although i could be wrong

chris - im sure 330 does come in manual, although i could be wrong

True, I read in an Aussie mag that there will be no manual one, but just checked that the press car was a 330 man, European model.

So if they Aussie market doesn't get the 330 manual, we probably wont, but the diesel manual might be just as quick.

On a side note about the manuals...

How many manual 5 series are there? Our neighbour ONLY drives manual silver 5 series and he's got his latest one... Just wondering if they're a common option or if they're rare?

Damn Shelley, you get all the luck don't ya.

Man that's eats oi. How can you mate an auto with a mean 3 litre engine? It's sacrilege I tell you.

On a side note about the manuals...

How many manual 5 series are there? Our neighbour ONLY drives manual silver 5 series and he's got his latest one... Just wondering if they're a common option or if they're rare?

Damn Shelley, you get all the luck don't ya.

f**k all.

Pretty much all new cars these days are autos. There are a few exceptions, like MX5s, turboed Legacys and WRXs, but its not enough :thumbsdown:

that is awful,it looks as though five or six different people tried to design the rear end but never talked to each other,looka t all the different surfaces and angles,first thing i thought is ..oooh they have got nissan maxima rear lights..

was just playing on photoshop and choped a cabby out of a previous 'concept' 3er coupe one to see what it would look like. would be cool if they got a folding hard top though

post-2-1116472691.jpg

Edited by bimmer boy

Hey emma are you going to the new 3 series expo thingy on the 26th??

I'll be there with my partner. And i think it doesn't look too bad ... will know for sure when i see it in the fleesh on the 26th, then i'll give you my answer for sure ..

hah .....

Gonna sign it up for a test drive after the exhibition .... heh ...

What time is it Ali? and is it at Cooke Howlison?

I'll probably be there.

personally i think its pretty nice, but its been warped into the more 5 series sedan looking style, i liked the whole raised boot look sedan that was in the E36.

Edited by E30stz

Dunno if i like it or not, but will decide at the Launch next Thursday.

Will book a ride and see if its up to all the hype its been getting!

2c

Like every new launch the styles grow on you. It'll get my vote because it still looks far better than the new mercs which look more like jappas now than ever.

The new engine is supposed to be tits along with the handling so will see what ppl think after testing them.

personally i think its pretty nice, but its been warped into the more 5 series sedan looking style, i liked the whole raised boot look sedan that was in the E36.

Yeah thats what i thought as well. Its kind of like a mini 5.

Seems like many people are going to the launch...... Loyal BMW fans we are :)

The ones that were brort into auckland were tiptronic with the gears on the steering wheel, tho it had a gear stick (like a manual car) this is for hig rev launches or low rev launches, you rev the engine to the point you want it then flick the manual knob back and it releases it at full or you flick it forward and traction control conects and brings the revs back before launching. Its crazy, there heaps of gear options, either drive it from the steering wheel or the manual (tiptronic) stick. I like it, but it would take a bit to get used to it. Shes got balls tho. :mosh:

Well i have just come back from Cooke Howlison BMW in Dunedin.

I had a look at the 330i, and this is what i think:

Its way better than it looks in the pictures. It seems bigger than the E46 (there was one parked right next to it) and it looks pretty roomy inside.

All in all a nice car.