Sign in to follow this  
gouba

manual transmission shifter rebuild

Hi guys

just a quick question regarding my e30 coupe. I picked up some new components from Jacko to rebuild my sloppy shifter linkage.

Is it possible to access the coupling between the shifter linkage and the gearbox without having to take the exhaust/heatshield off? I've jacked up the car and with a little wiggling I know i can access the front aspect of the gear linkage. The pin/coupling are parts in question are 14-20 on the Realoem link below.

http://realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=...hg=25&fg=05

Thanks in advance

Matt

Forgot to mention man, theres some difference between the early and late style shifter, mines early. The "T" fitting on the early ones is wider, more of an L shape, hence the stack of brass washers on the rod. You should be able to ditch them all if you have a late style one. Dont think one can buy the early style fittings anymore.

I installed mine with no driveshaft in the way, so dunno cant answer your question sorry :D

Edited by Jacko

I knew that much :D ill be building them with the old and new parts as required :D After a bit of reading I think I should be ok (if not a little frustrated with not having smaller hands).