Sign in to follow this  
supertemp

Importing CIC equipped car from Europe.

Apologies if this has been covered, I have searched but could not find the answers I needed.

I am looking at importing a CIC equipped e90 or e92 from England, and want to know what I will need to do to update the Nav Professional system to NZ.

It will be a major purchase for me so any other tips of advice on what else needs to be done to get everything sorted for our locale would be greatly appreciated. I have decided the CIC is important after reading so much about the CCC, but most of the information I have seen that is about coding your own car is around the CCC.

Am very keen to do this myself as well if possible, rather than hand it to the dealer.

Apologies if this has been covered, I have searched but could not find the answers I needed.

I am looking at importing a CIC equipped e90 or e92 from England, and want to know what I will need to do to update the Nav Professional system to NZ.

It will be a major purchase for me so any other tips of advice on what else needs to be done to get everything sorted for our locale would be greatly appreciated. I have decided the CIC is important after reading so much about the CCC, but most of the information I have seen that is about coding your own car is around the CCC.

Am very keen to do this myself as well if possible, rather than hand it to the dealer.

We can do navigation conversion for CIC car.

<br />We can do navigation conversion for CIC car.<br />

Thanks sw. I know it can be done, I'm more hoping for some information on how it can be done. I was hoping to undertake it as a garage project I could do myself in my own time. I think that it shouldn't need any hardware upgrades, just software, and I work with software which is why I am so keen to try it.

Can you let me know what steps have to be taken without feeling like you're taking food off your table?

If not, what's the price to have the conversion done by you guys?

(This is from England too, not Japan, which I think makes it easier?)

Edited by supertemp

Thanks sw. I know it can be done, I'm more hoping for some information on how it can be done. I was hoping to undertake it as a garage project I could do myself in my own time. I think that it shouldn't need any hardware upgrades, just software, and I work with software which is why I am so keen to try it.

Can you let me know what steps have to be taken without feeling like you're taking food off your table?

If not, what's the price to have the conversion done by you guys?

(This is from England too, not Japan, which I think makes it easier?)

All you need is proper code certificate for NZ MAP data, we can supply that for $450. dealer is selling them for $700+

There is no additional step to do conversion for car from UK.

It should just be a matter of acquiring the DVD with NZ/AUS Maps, There is a guy on this site that will do it for a $100 cant remember his name of the top of my head but if your interested PM me and i'll let you know otherwise I was quoted $600 from the BMW stealership (my car was also a UK import) and it works perfect...

It should just be a matter of acquiring the DVD with NZ/AUS Maps, There is a guy on this site that will do it for a $100 cant remember his name of the top of my head but if your interested PM me and i'll let you know otherwise I was quoted $600 from the BMW stealership (my car was also a UK import) and it works perfect...

No, the $100 one maybe using 2008 map data, which does not require certificate code!

Also is not just map DVD, because you can even buy map dvd for CIC system at dealer for less than $50, but you will need a certificate code for loading it into your CIC HDD. and this certificate will cost $700+ at dealer.

If you are using CCC system, then it does not even apply to this case.

Is your car CCC based or CIC based? if you using the map data without certificate, then it is old map data who charge that for $100? I would give it for free!!

Car with ccc system uses map DVD, CIC system stores map in HDD. If you want latest map data then you will need to by the certificate, the certificate will be generated with your VIN number, so if you have CIC system and is using the one without code, then the map data is year 2008 very old version.

Edited by SWAUTOMOTIVE

No, the $100 one maybe using 2008 map data, which does not require certificate code!

Also is not just map DVD, because you can even buy map dvd for CIC system at dealer for less than $50, but you will need a certificate code for loading it into your CIC HDD. and this certificate will cost $700+ at dealer.

If you are using CCC system, then it does not even apply to this case.

Is your car CCC based or CIC based? if you using the map data without certificate, then it is old map data who charge that for $100? I would give it for free!!

Car with ccc system uses map DVD, CIC system stores map in HDD. If you want latest map data then you will need to by the certificate, the certificate will be generated with your VIN number, so if you have CIC system and is using the one without code, then the map data is year 2008 very old version.

ok can you give me latest map dvd that would be great cheers!!

ok can you give me latest map dvd that would be great cheers!!

yes, but has your car got CIC or CCC? What year is your car and what model? VIN number? I can, but you need certificate code to be generated with your VIN in order to load into your CIC. otherwise there is no way you can load the data into HDD without code.

the latest map data is year 2010

Edited by SWAUTOMOTIVE

yes, but has your car got CIC or CCC? What year is your car and what model? VIN number? I can, but you need certificate code to be generated with your VIN in order to load into your CIC. otherwise there is no way you can load the data into HDD without code.

the latest map data is year 2010

I dont have HDD my car is 05 E46 M3, So I need the DVD that goes in the boot

I dont have HDD my car is 05 E46 M3, So I need the DVD that goes in the boot

Ok, we are talking about the car build after 09/2009 which equipped with CIC navigation system (HDD based) your car is still old MK3, or MK4 navigation system with DVD map data.

This is completely different! so certificate map data is only for CIC HDD based navigation system.

So the case you described is completely irrelevant.

You can download latest map data for your navigation system on Internet.

Ok, we are talking about the car build after 09/2009 which equipped with CIC navigation system (HDD based) your car is still old MK3, or MK4 navigation system with DVD map data.

This is completely different! so certificate map data is only for CIC HDD based navigation system.

So the case you described is completely irrelevant.

You can download latest map data for your navigation system on Internet.

really? I have seen pay sites but no free ones... do you know any?

really? I have seen pay sites but no free ones... do you know any?

search it in this forum :) you will have the name and then search on Google again

So SW, the unique code I need that is generated from the VIN, once I have that, I can upload map data any time I get an update, or do i need a new code for each update?

If you are generating the code, does that mean there are ways I can do it myself rather than go to the dealership?

So SW, the unique code I need that is generated from the VIN, once I have that, I can upload map data any time I get an update, or do i need a new code for each update?

If you are generating the code, does that mean there are ways I can do it myself rather than go to the dealership?

You need code for each update, so each update will cost you the same money again.

I am not generating the code by myself! I can get it generated from BMW cheaper than you can buy from dealer, that is what I offer.

There is no way to generate it by yourself and me either.