Sign in to follow this  
KiwiAlpina

Replacement Parts

Hi guys,

was needing some opinions on replacement parts needed by the old girl (Alpina B10). Need to replace the upper control arms and was goiing to go with urethane bushings instead of rubber.

Any opinions or past experiences would be much appreciated. I'm going to get them from Bavarian Autos in the states but not sure which way to go.

Cheers Tony :D

check out BMA too,they sell arms with 750 iL bushes already fitted.I ned a new pair too

Guest Andrew

urethane bushes on the e30 :thumb:

so probably would be good on e34 also.

Guest Spargo

Urethane is a non compressible liquid polymer. It doesnt deform like rubber does, this more precise handling.

the only thing about urethane is that it doesnt twist, whereas rubber does, providing a very low friction suspension join

having said that, urethane bushes are great, really stiffen up handling and make it more predictable

Urethane is a non compressible liquid polymer. It doesnt deform like rubber does, this more precise handling.

ok.... so better handling is the upside, what's the downside other than price?

The downside is they can cause internet cock, mine are bigger than yours!

I have them too, big oversized purple ones...urethane is your friend, don't accept anything inferior!

Posted Image

Guest Spargo

Dude, you drive a car 2 steps down the the evoluntionary tree. NVH is your main concern?

Check out grunts bushes, it is an ozzy guy that does urethane CA bushes for the E24/28/32/34

Guest Andrew

there may be an increase in the dreaded nvh.....

its a non-issue in my car - and you car hear noises in my car that you won't in any other.

aaahhhh yes well nvh is a concern not the main concern.one of the big differences in the "generations" of cars is the work in reducing NVH

Dude, you drive a car 2 steps down the the evoluntionary tree. NVH is your main concern?

two steps down the tree from what,a nice e34 is pretty damn good in the nvh dept and not everyone is concerend with razor sharp handling at the expense of nvh