Sign in to follow this  
localdevdas

Water in Tailights!

Hey guys, just got a little problem here.

the lights installed on my BMW we're not not installed that well, and the rubber has gone out of place. Thanks to the rainy Auckland weather, water has gone inside it. its not dat the lightd have a litre of water inside them, just dew-like drops on da glass.

Can anyone tell me a way of getting the water out???

Need urgent help!!

give it a go its not that hard

if you cant doing it take it to a mechanic

another reason i don't dig altezze style tail-lights....

aftermarket lights are often of questionable quality, and leak... nothing you can do about it other than try and seal them....

to dry them out, i just roll everywhere with my lights on, that works on headlights with condensation.... heats them up etc... you will probably have to take them apart adn dry them manually though

Wait a while, then buy some goldfish....waalaa, a mobile aquarium.

Cheers

Grant

Just to add to Grant's post, Remember Tropical fish respond best due to the warmth from the lights.

I don't have water on the inside of my lights, but bugs that somehow manage to get in there and die.

That happened to my parents E36 stock lights. Its kind like a fog misty looking stuff.. is that what you are talking about?

Well if you are, then the best cure is time. Just wait a week and it'll go.

drill a small hole in the bottom corners of each lense of your tail lights to help release the moisture

Proberbly not the best idea to drill a small hole, I would only do this as a last resort as when the car is moving ( ie down the motorway ) due to the difference in air pressure, it can create a small vacuum & actually suck even more water & dust etc into the unit & if they are on and warm, some of this water will of course turn to vapour, but now, not only have you got a water problem, (which will still be getting in from its "original" source) but you have also allowed dust to get in, & you know what water & dust do !! Edited by vonripsnorter