Sign in to follow this  
my_e36

Nolathane LCA Bushes installed

as topic,

Just have this installed this morning. Thank you for the guys at Autolign / Racelign Mt Wellington for a quick install and alignment. They managed to finish in just over 2 hours. Cost around $350 all up (parts, labour, alignment, GST)

First impression: Much tighter front end and better feel at steering. It's more comfortable going through speed bumps (softer) but it offers more grip going corners. However, there's a bit of extra vibration felt through the steering at lower rev (1000-1500rpm, being a 3 cyc diesel doesn't help either).

Some people on internet mention about squeaking sound after couple of month, but I don't think a LCA bushes would cause squeaking as it doesn't pivot like those on the end of a leaf spring. I guess I will find out later.

Base on the first impression, I highly recommend to look at this as an alternative to factory rubber bushes. In my case the Nolathane is a little cheaper than genuine VW rubber bushes.