Sign in to follow this  
chenjianxi

High pitched noise when accelerating

Hi everyone

So spring has come and for once I can turn off the air con and open the window a bit to enjoy some fresh air, then... I noticed this noise:

The volume is low but it is definiately noticable. A high pitched squeak that comes from the front area of the car that sounds like someone is whistling.

It comes on when pressing the accerlerator - and it is almost instant - the moment you press you can hear it, when you press the pedal hard it is covered in engine noise but I'm sure it is still there.

It has nothing to do with the belts, idle or turbo / supercharger.

I did a search on this forum and on the internet and apperantely it is not an uncommon issue - mostly associated with older cars that have a "intake throttle boot" crack / leak. However I opened up my bonnet and everything looks quite new.

The other problem is when I stop the car and put it in N, and try to pin-point the issue the problem largely goes away - I mean it is still there but very hard to notice - I have made a video to see if you guys can give us a hand(Please see link below) - note the noise is particularly noticeble in 0:06, 0:09 and 0:12. Please also note that even though the noise in my video is barely noticeble, the squeak is 10 times worse when the car is actually moving - I may try to get a video of that as well.

Has anyone got this problem before? Or do I have to drive with all my windows up forever?

Thank you guys in advance!

Go ABs!

Regards

Chris

i would say a air leak in one of the hoses underneth the manifold , or bearing/pully etc