Sign in to follow this  
Guest Andrew

Guess what I just saw..

Guest Andrew

Was cranking along the motorway - and see this AWESOME looking E60.. It pulls along side and sure enough - a little ///M5 grill. Quad exhaust , badass kit.

Was totally hot - would change nothing on that car. Sounded great also. Driver looked to be Jerry Clayton himself. Was taking it very easy.

Made me feel inadequate in the e36 318 hah.

Posted Image

hot

shoulda rammed him - first in nz to damage a new m5 :ph34r:

And then we'd probably see him on the new later that night .. haha

I think Jerrys' having a E90 launch event somewhere tomorrow. That must be it then.......

queue new sig

Haha, oh man your sig owns drip fed 56k users

I saw an M5 this morning albeit the previous shape with the bottom end niggles

Guest Andrew

I think Jerrys' having a E90 launch event somewhere tomorrow. That must be it then.......

cept thats the E60 -

yeah E90 launch is tonight.

cept thats the E60 -

yeah E90 launch is tonight.

oops.... hahaha~~

anyway, just been there and the speeches are boring, no car show chicks.

First Impression...

The car, well, it look bigger but inside feel smaller. Feel more sporty defintely because even the rear seats are sort of more "buckety". Rear headroom about the same as my e36 Coupe despite being a 4 door.

All the cars on show (4 total, 320i, 330i and the 2 diesel) have electric seats. Quite comfie but the interior design will take a bit getting used to. Knobs in a few places and there's now 3 stokes on the steering column. (signal, wipers and cruise control) Can't imagine when they add SatNav control and SMG onto the steering column.

The boot tray that goes to the roof of the boot, well, that's a good design (at least the boot door won't chop off the tray when closing the boot) but it blocked the boot lighting from illuminating the back of the boot, which is where you need lights esp at night. (Smart and Stupid in 1 place.)

Overall, I like the look of it, esp the front. Interior, I'd say it will grow on me if I get to have 1. That said, if I have money, I wouldn't buy 1 yet. I'll wait for the Coupe coming in late next year. (or bag a bargain e46 330ci for being end of production)

(I am comparing to e36 because that's what I got)

I went to the Wellington launch last night, the place was packed with only 2 cars- 330i & 320d. It looked better in the flesh than in pictures, and looks more aggressive than the E46 (without the Motorsport kit anyway).

The seats are very similar to my E46, though my seats are manual. Will suspend FINAL judgement until after my test drive!

Oh and there was good grog, they were serving Veuve Cliquot (genuine french champagne, my personal favourite). :thumb:

I went the launch yesterday too, i think the car is MUCH better in person than it is in the pictures, the seats are mighty comfortable, and much roomier than the predecesors.

It had lovely food ... mmm ... i ate lots haha ... !

We had 3 cars down here, didn't check to see what 3 they were tho.

I think the test drive should be pretty damn good.

I also went to the Wellington launch.

The wine was FINE!

The jury is still out on the car. I have a drive booked for about 2 weeks time, am away a bit till then. The car looked better and bigger than the pictures. But i thought that it was smaller than my e46 in the rear seat area.

The front as the standard kit is way better than the e46, and its going to look better than that when the M tec bits are avaliable.

Overall, COOL CAR! :mosh:

Oh and there was good grog, they were serving Veuve Cliquot (genuine french champagne, my personal favourite). :thumb:

See i told you Ali..Wine and businessman is out of my league.

I'll check it out when im in Dunedin tommorow.

So overall do you guys like it?

I checked out the 330i today, nice 18's with the sports suspension pack too.

Its really growin on me seeing it on the road now.

Was driving through town yesterday, and what did I see, a shiney E60 parked up on the side of the road, looked so sexy :wub: