Sign in to follow this  
martyyn

A nice surprise at the dealers

So there I was with an hour or two this morning spare, so I trot off to the dealer to ask how much an oil service is for the beast.

Whilst there I remember about some clips I need to I get those sorted at the parts counter and ask them how much the clear lenses are. Ive been in there several times and they have been as much as 1200 for the fronts, side and rears so I was only wanting to confirm that I should be getting them off ebay and not the dealer.

To my surprise they had a set in stock and although the fronts where for 98 onwards and wont fit mine, the rears where only 350 dollars. I immeidately questioned whether I should ask if that was for one or both for fear that he would notice he'd made a mistake but no it was for both.

So knowing the cheapest I can get them off the web for is around 300 I snapped his arm off before there was any mistake and I am now a proud owner of these.

Here's the before shot....

post-9-1117014050.jpg

Went into Repco to get some silvertec bulbs (or whatever theyre called over here) the ones that are silver but flash orange and the guy wanted 20 bucks for ones that still looked orange, so I bought a small stick of retouch paint and painted them instead.

Havent got any shots of them without the orange bulbs showing through yet but here's a close up.

Rather nice I think.

post-9-1117014216.jpg

i can get you some of the proper silver bulbs that flashes orange if you want ... the stuff from bimmian.com

check out the price there and take 10% off their price and thats what i can do it for ....+ freight from america that is ...

was it $350 plus tradein of the child ? ... pic one .... 1 child ... pic 2 ..... gone !

That sure freshen up the looks department alot.

Top effort Martyn, where was it you went, Shelley's?

hehe, I hadnt noticed that Kees had slipped himself into the first photo !

Yes Carl, from Shelly's even had them call this morning to say they have the clips.

The interesting thing was that for an oil service they are actually cheaper than Page European. I was quite surprised about that, so she will be going in there next week to get that sorted.

Got emails last night from Germany and the UK to say my clear fronts and sides are on the way from each Ebay seller.

Ill be hanging around the letter box like a kid next week !