Sign in to follow this  
deshanv

Which sub should I go for in my bmw

Hi guys,

trying to make a decision on a 10 inch sub for my bmw.

Choices are:

1. Kicker SOLO-BARIC L7 - 10 inch

2. Soundstream T5 10

The amp I have choosen is the Kicker 1 channel DX 1000.1 Monoblock.

I have really good reviews on both though, but my gut is to go for the kicker L7.

Its a no brainer, Soundstream.

I Had a kicker 15 in my wagon previous, wasn't what i wanted, was about to buy another 15 kicker to get what i wanted, but then bought a T5 15 Soundstream and i would not buy anything else, perfect for what i needed.

EDIT: Realised you wanted a 10" so yeah probably kicker.

Edited by Jedi Mind Tricks

What are you wanting out of the sub? Basically you asked whether to buy a Ford or a Holden: without knowing if you want SQ over SPL or viceversa then it's an impossible question to answer.

Both are loud, the Kicker would probably go louder but the SS will probably sound better. Also depends on enclosure - ported vs sealed and what space you have to play with.

Edited by rogan

What are you wanting out of the sub? Basically you asked whether to buy a Ford or a Holden: without knowing if you want SQ over SPL or viceversa then it's an impossible question to answer.

Both are loud, the Kicker would probably go louder but the SS will probably sound better. Also depends on enclosure - ported vs sealed and what space you have to play with.

Hi Mate, I am looking for sound quality with precision thump. I have a convertible, so not much boot space, thus going for a 10 inch sub

why 10inch also? 12 will give more bang and similar response.

why 10inch also? 12 will give more bang and similar response.

Because I don't have enough space in my boot for a 12 inch.

Hi Mate, I am looking for sound quality with precision thump. I have a convertible, so not much boot space, thus going for a 10 inch sub

sounds like you should go soundstream with a custom sealed enclosure.

Another option could be the DLS Nobellium 10 that's for sale on nzicemag forums. $300 BNIB from a guy who cares about his gear. It wants a small ported box if I remember correctly. Would expect it to out perform the SS and the Kicker on sound quality but not sure exactly how much power it can handle.

If you can find one still go for a boston c110 sub. These are a high powered sub in a very small box as a result of running a 10 inch bass and a 10 inch passive radiator and i suspect they'd fit under the roof housing in your boot.They can take a ton of power and produce fast and tight bass. They are a two ohm load so will load up the power nicely on most single channel bass amps. They sound best with lots of clean power ( I'm running a 600rms class D soundstream amp for bass duties)

A car stereo dealer was amazed at how well in performed compared to the current crop of mid range subs and I'm yet to find a replacement which produced quality bass from such a small enclosuer. Otherwise BSW make a good sub that uses the ski port into fire bass into the car for a conv.

http://www.epinions.com/specs/pr-Boston_Ac...0_Car_Subwoofer

If you can find one still go for a boston c110 sub. These are a high powered sub in a very small box as a result of running a 10 inch bass and a 10 inch passive radiator and i suspect they'd fit under the roof housing in your boot.They can take a ton of power and produce fast and tight bass. They are a two ohm load so will load up the power nicely on most single channel bass amps. They sound best with lots of clean power ( I'm running a 600rms class D soundstream amp for bass duties)

A car stereo dealer was amazed at how well in performed compared to the current crop of mid range subs and I'm yet to find a replacement which produced quality bass from such a small enclosuer. Otherwise BSW make a good sub that uses the ski port into fire bass into the car for a conv.

http://www.epinions.com/specs/pr-Boston_Ac...0_Car_Subwoofer

Thanks, can you post a picture of your setup please.