Sign in to follow this  
318Touring

Driving without front bumper. Is this legal?

Only for a couple of kms back from and to the panel beater.

Is this legal, OK to do or politically incorrect (:))?

Don't really want to leave the car at the panel beater over a couple of nights just to repair front bumper.

I remembered I got my car back when they were working on the rear bumper a few years back.

The route between home and the panel beater won't involve any motorway, only 50k urban roads.

Edited by 318Touring

My understanding is it's illegal.

However I did that a while ago for a couple of days and it was ok.

A working bumper is not part of a WOF check therefore it's legal however you still are required to have your number plate mounted in such a way as that it is visible.

You'd have to get a real prick of a cop to try to ping you for not having a bumper. Or be doing something stupid.

my and a friend got done in his GSR for no front bumper a few weeks ago. $250 fine specifically for no bumper as it was a danger to pedestrains. Number plate was visible just had no front valance/bumper.

Zip-tie your license plate to something near its usual spot and carry the quote or something similar. You should be fine.

All good advice, thanks.

I'll make sure my wife drives slowly, but not too slow she attarcts attention, and has the quote for the work handy in the car.

Possibly slid the plate at the dashboard. it's only a 2km journey up the road to home.

Edited by 318Touring

Drove around for months with no bumper at one point, number plate was cable tied in place. Got pulled up twice for it, but never fined - just told to put it back on.

your wife shouldn't have any worries most women get let off , just make sure shes wearing a nice boob tube thingy