Sign in to follow this  
sp8s

Key problem

Recently the remote on my key stopped working MOST of the time till today it stopped working altogether.

Fitted new batteries to fob, now the red indicator lights dont light up when button is pushed. Dont know if this was like this before today (the lights not lighting up that is).

Yes it is one of those stupid IR keys.

I tried that initilization thingy but no flashing lights so presume the key fob is toast or is it?

What ya reckon.

Fitted cr2016 batteries which I think are the right ones

OK fix the lights not flashing - silly bugga put the batteries in the wrong way round

Lights now light up all I have to do now is program the key.

Edited by sp8s

Recently the remote on my key stopped working MOST of the time till today it stopped working altogether.

Fitted new batteries to fob, now the red indicator lights dont light up when button is pushed. Dont know if this was like this before today (the lights not lighting up that is).

Yes it is one of those stupid IR keys.

I tried that initilization thingy but no flashing lights so presume the key fob is toast or is it?

What ya reckon.

Fitted cr2016 batteries which I think are the right ones

OK fix the lights not flashing - silly bugga put the batteries in the wrong way round

Lights now light up all I have to do now is program the key.

Hey let me know if you got the re-programming thing to work because I am having similar problems. I think there maybe something wrong with something in mycar; I really don't know what to do anymore other than carry it to the dealer.