Sign in to follow this  
sp8s

having problem

Been having a shite of a time trying to get my key to work the central locking.

Have searched the net as well as the forum, used every type of system to sync the key to the central locking.

Yes I used the stickey method but still no luck. One thing I am not sure about is people say "point the key at the red clown nose' Well I dont seem to have a red clown nose. By the rear view mirror there is a box with a red led light thing and what looks like a speaker grill. Pic attached.

Tried the hold the unlock button push unlock button 3 times and 4 times. I do this while the red light is flashing on the key right? YES IT IS THE IR KEY. Its the system with the round and oblong buttons on the key.

Damn I am really at the end of my tether here. Nearest BMW dealer is in Christchurch (2 hour drive away) so going all the way up there to get the key working is not really a thing I want to do.

Pic of box on screen;

post-2893-1317170691.jpg

Any Ideas Guys?

If that box not for the central locking what is it?

post-2893-1317170708.jpg

that box looks like a retro fitted mic or speaker for handsfree phone etc

that box looks like a retro fitted mic or speaker for handsfree phone etc

+1 looks like hand free mic

If you havent got the upside down nipple mirror (jokes welcome) with an electrical connection then how can you sync the remote.

It could be that someone ordered an incorrect replacement key at some point and yours doesnt have factory remote central locking. (Even the dealers make mistakes, he he)

It could be that someone ordered an incorrect replacement key at some point and yours doesnt have factory remote central locking. (Even the dealers make mistakes, he he)

Everything worked fine untill the Guy in the shop fitted the battery into the key back to front/upside down, so key lost its sync.

Light flash's on key so that bit works after I changed the battery around.

Followed the instructions that Glenn gave in a very old post and everything seems to go as planned but no conformation lock/unlock

old post http://www.bimmersport.co.nz/forums/index.php?showtopic=7494

SUCCESS

Took me 5 times in a row to get it to work.

Pointed the key "very close" to the adjuster for the mirror tilt. Guess thats where the sensor is.

Was very surprised and happy when the central locking cycled.

Edited by sp8s