Sign in to follow this  
BMWX5UK

BMW International Warranty

Hi,

Im 95% sure that all BMW's come with a 2 year International Warranty, Can anyone confirm this for sure?

I have imported a 1 year old X5 from the UK and have tried contacting BMW NZ but no reply, and im trying to get some information on the warranty, ie do I have to "register" the vehicle with BMW NZ first?.

Cheers

I understand that you get it repaired by an authorised dealer here, pay for it and seek reimbursement from the company that originally sold it back in the UK..... I may be wrong though.

Just found out .... Vehicle must have all servicing & repairs carried out by a BMW Dealer. Any warranty repairs must be paid for by the owner. These are submitted back to BMW and the owner gets reimbursed for the amount BMW AG think is applicable.

I understand that you get it repaired by an authorised dealer here, pay for it and seek reimbursement from the company that originally sold it back in the UK..... I may be wrong though.

Just found out .... Vehicle must have all servicing & repairs carried out by a BMW Dealer. Any warranty repairs must be paid for by the owner. These are submitted back to BMW and the owner gets reimbursed for the amount BMW AG think is applicable.

Thanks Glenn!, whats your source for that information?..Is that from BMW NZ ?, as I wouldnt mind phoning them to discuss it in more detail.

Thanks Glenn!, whats your source for that information?..Is that from BMW NZ ?, as I wouldnt mind phoning them to discuss it in more detail.

Tony Lyford, Service Manager Team McMillan BMW.. A new dealership memo has recently come out regarding the policy on this.

Tony Lyford, Service Manager Team McMillan BMW.. A new dealership memo has recently come out regarding the policy on this.

Thanks. I have just found someone at BMW NZ who confirmed the same.. cheers for the help

I'm looking at the new M5 and usually don't mind paying a bit of a nz premium, but NZ$240k vs UK69k is just a bit of a big gap, like 120k depending on the rate on the day! I have found dealers in the UK who will sell it for UK69k.

I'd be interested in what some NZ dealers or BMW NZ have to say to justify this? Let's remember that the UK price does include a dealer margin too, so it can't be that. And if there is an international warranty that BMW Germany reimburses everyone for, then it can't be margin for that either?

It must be the fact they have to ship it to NZ and we don't do much volume...or something like that.

I'm looking at the new M5 and usually don't mind paying a bit of a nz premium, but NZ$240k vs UK69k is just a bit of a big gap, like 120k depending on the rate on the day! I have found dealers in the UK who will sell it for UK69k.

I'd be interested in what some NZ dealers or BMW NZ have to say to justify this? Let's remember that the UK price does include a dealer margin too, so it can't be that. And if there is an international warranty that BMW Germany reimburses everyone for, then it can't be margin for that either?

It must be the fact they have to ship it to NZ and we don't do much volume...or something like that.

To be fair to BMW NZ, its really an issue of Exchange Rate at the moment, historically it should be £1 to $3 , not $2. so a £69k would be about $210k in NZ.

BMW NZ, cant really go decreasing and increasing prices according to exchange rate all the time, however the NZD has been pretty strong for a while now so would have thought there was some room for movement.

I would also wager that although the list price is $240k, I suspect there could be some BMW NZ discounts available to the NZ Dealers if pressed.. just a guess.

To be fair to BMW NZ, its really an issue of Exchange Rate at the moment, historically it should be £1 to $3 , not $2. so a £69k would be about $210k in NZ.

BMW NZ, cant really go decreasing and increasing prices according to exchange rate all the time, however the NZD has been pretty strong for a while now so would have thought there was some room for movement.

I would also wager that although the list price is $240k, I suspect there could be some BMW NZ discounts available to the NZ Dealers if pressed.. just a guess.

The exchange rate between Brittish Pound & NZD has been much closer to two $ than three for many years now though.

i read this a while ago been on my bookmark for when that day comes, i pay cash at the dealers for a new car :):

buying guide

dunno if its applicable here or if the dealer will show it to you. i think they are probably adding ludacris costs on top, or they have an insane business model or just sky rocketing profit margins.

"Does the customer have the right to ask to see the factory invoice for a new car or truck?

You certainly have the right to ask to see the factory invoice, but it doesn't necessarily mean they have to show it to you. (FYI: The factory invoice is a statement from the vehicle's manufacturer which shows, among other valuable info, the dealer's wholesale cost for that vehicle.) With the car business becoming more and more competitive, however, it has become the norm for many dealers to show the factory invoice to their customers during the negotiations - if you ask. So be sure to request to see it when you are sitting at the desk buying your new car or truck. (Asking to see the invoice while on a test drive or on the sales lot is probably not going to do you any good. Wait until you are sitting at the desk.) And by the way, the invoice prices for all new vehicles are also available online at the very helpful"

Edited by Docile