Sign in to follow this  
BMW POWER

Michael Schumacher

Do you think he has lost his talent?  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well after his no - win so far this year, I think people are starting to doubt him.

Personally i am not doubting him one bit, He's had years where he hasn't won before and had many problems.

What do you guys think?

I was reading in a magazine last year that they reckon Fernando Alonso is the next Schuey.. It looks that he is showing his driving skills off quite well lately.

BMW/ Nick Heidfeild got second in the Nurburgring last night great second place for the German in his home country, with Fernando Alonso snatching the win. Kimi Raikonnen's cars right suspension collapsed in the first corner the last lap - so close yet so far.

I can't stand Michael Schumacher, he's an arrogant twat. It's not him that's gone off, it's his car this year.

My last name is McLaren so I'm a little biased when it comes to Formula One teams but we've finally got our cars sorted this year and we're winning races go figure.

It's good to see the Renaults doing so well to. This might be a controversial comment but Formula One is actually interesting without Schumacher.

Guest Spargo

The current killer for him is the qualifying system. He is actually the quickest guy on track. He did lap records in the last couple of races. Bad luck with tyres too. He was on fire when he came 2nd too.

As RJ and Cilk said, it's not so much him, but his car and tyres.

It's good to see a good competition for the championship going on between Alonso and Raikkonen instead of the white wash of last year. Or maybe the McLaren's have finally found that consistency/reliability in their cars (apart from bald spots on tyres which can cause problems with 1 lap to go!!!).

They've changed the qualifying back to last years 1x Saturday run.

Ferrari will come back, I bet ya....

Edited by Deftones

As RJ and Cilk said, it's not so much him, but his car and tyres.

It's good to see a good competition for the championship going on between Alonso and Raikkonen instead of the white wash of last year. Or maybe the McLaren's have finally found that consistency/reliability in their cars (apart from bald spots on tyres which can cause problems with 1 lap to go!!!).

They've changed the qualifying back to last years 1x Saturday run.

Ferrari will come back, I bet ya....

Yes, It is good to see some competition instead of Michael winning everything

Im with ya on that one, Ferrari will come back, I'm a MS fan, but really my favourite team is BMW.

Arrogant twat? Ha thats a new one, i haven't seen any examples of his arrogance... :wacko:

Living legend.

If I were earning what he is each year as the highest paid sports-person in the world I would probably be a bit arrogant too.

Oh... wait... I'm arrogant already. :rolleyes: even tithout all the cash.

Wether you are a MS fan or not - he is a freak in a car. He is/will be compared to for decades to come. A benchmark in skill, cunning and the 'winning' desire. His reflexes, timing and consistancy is, well, freakish.

Myself, I admire the man. From go-karts up, with the right kit, he's been a dominant force. You don't get to where he is just by being 'arrogant', you need what he has ( as above )

As for the arrogance in the man - when you are the best, it's always going to be hard to not come across as such.

Ferrari will start to win again. Their car is coming along nicely, and Bridgestone WILL sort out their problems. All of a sudden, I see Ferrari on podium more and more.

I can't realisticly see MS winning this year's championship, but I very much doubt he will retire. I feel he will want to win that one more - that's his driving force - to be the best.

Go MS and Ferrari. On the same note, go BMW, they are getting stronger and stronger. Lovin' seeing BMW on the podium.

im all about being arrogant you bitches. :D

jokes

mike rocks your faces

Mike is a legend. The tires aren't up to the split qualifying (although they didn't do much better in Germany). They'll be back. I'm a die-hard Ferrari fan (strangely) and I am still really enjoying the season. It's nice to see that the other teams have finally got it together. And that 1 team isn't dominant. The Mac attack and Grumpy Williams team are coming on strong. Renault are doing their best to throw away the championship.

See you at the F430 launch on Thursday night then. I'm looking forward to that! :bounce:

Ayrton is still my all time favourite. His level of belief made Michael's arrogance look sheepish.

I can't stand Michael Schumacher, he's an arrogant twat. It's not him that's gone off, it's his car this year.

Since when has being the best meant that you are arrogant?

I don't find him arrogant at all, he always comes across as honest and gracious when interviewed.

There are far more arrogant people in F1 than him, people who have very little right to be arrogant.

It is purely down to the car/tyres letting him down, it is a cyclical sport, and Ferrari are going through/ been through the lack of form cycle. McLaren have recently been through it, Williams looks like they are on the way up from it, and BAR look like they are on the downward slope part of the cycle.

It has made for an interesting season so far though.

Cheers

Grant

Does anyone know that he donated more money to the tsunami tradegy than all of NZ added together ? few million dollars if i remember right .. some thing like 8 ??

Does anyone know that he donated more money to the tsunami tradegy than all of NZ added together ? few million dollars if i remember right .. some thing like 8 ??

I actually think it was US$10m.

Cheers

He all good, You all wait he'll be back out in front no time, last year the man was un-beat'n, just sit tit an he'll come back, I got faith in the man, I also have a signed Ferrari poster signed personally by Michael and Rubens hanging on the wall at wrk.

Lots of people still haven't forgotten about the Damon Hill incident. Also him and Ferrari quite often seem to get their own way when no other team would. That said the man is a freak behind the wheel and IMO still has a few seasons left in him. Its great to see a much more competitive season though.

Well he is contemplating quitting, according to his brother, Ralf.

http://xtramsn.co.nz/lifestyles/0,,12622-4...258c07950ea6164

Michael Schumacher, enduring one of the longest winless streaks of his Formula One career, is not having fun in the sport he long dominated and may retire soon, his brother Ralf said on Wednesday.

"I don't believe that Michael will be driving for very much longer," Ralf said in an interview with Sport Bild newspaper of the seven-times world champion, including the last five titles for Ferrari.

"He'll stay as long as he's having fun with it. The success in past years was obviously a lot of fun for him. He's not having that fun at the moment and I'm very anxious to see what will happen if it stays like that until the end of the season."

Schumacher, 36, has a contract running through the 2006 season and has said he will keep racing for as long as he is still enjoying himself.

Schumacher has struggled badly this year, however, awaiting his 84th grand prix victory for more than eight months.

It is the longest winless spell for the German since 1993, excluding 1999 when he was sidelined with a broken leg.

Schumacher won 13 of the 18 races last season but has not finished higher than second in 2005. Schumacher is in fifth place in this year's championship, 35 points behind Renault's overall leader Fernando Alonso with 11 races remaining.

"Ferrari have passed their zenith," said Ralf, adding that Ferrari's problems were not just to with their tyres. "They've did a great job in past years but they're not doing it anymore.

"Mistakes have crept in in other areas (aside from tyres). It can be seen as a sign of weakness that Ferrari introduced their new car so late in the season. I'm not sure whether someone who has had such a successful time, as Ferrari has had, can still have the bite to fight back to the top."

Ralf, who drives for Toyota and lives in Austria, said he also expects a lot of top people around his brother to leave Ferrari once he retires.

"When Michael leaves then a lot of good people will leave at the same time," Ralf said. "After that it will be very difficult for Ferrari to get back to the top. I'm not sure that would even be possible."

Guest Spargo

He won he won!

Ralf is a knob, just look at his new company car compared to A: his old one, B: Michael's.