Sign in to follow this  
Gus

Talk about a home loan

Holey crap... Having your own peice of the world wouldn't be such a bad idea.. if aliens were gunna take over the world one day you could say that they could have your island in exchange for you own life.

Now thats worth 8 million dolars isn't it? :rolleyes:

I wonder if those bidders are for real or are they bidding simply they know they ain't gonna hit reserve.

Guest Spargo

Gus, based on your entourage on saturday, you're close to boyband ass.

gus is boyband

I wonder if those bidders are for real or are they bidding simply they know they ain't gonna hit reserve.

Something about it seems funny that's for sure

Islands in the Bay of Islands come up for sale semi-regularly.

I'd rather own an island under NZ rule than Fijian rule - in Fiji you're likely to lose the thing in a coup!

You can buy a seventh of Roberton Isl. in the bay at the moment for just on a couple of mill - I know it's not the whole island, but it's pretty big, and Robby has twin lagoons, and one of the bays was used by Captn Cook to shelter when he first came to NZ so is steeped in history (Cooks' Cove) and that price includes the house and not just the land around the house (yours only) but a 7th share of the balance aswell.

I'd rather that personally. Bigger than 14 acres and no road or bridge, so much more secluded (just have to put up with bloody tourists visiting the lagoons all the time as they are below high tide and thus public access if you have a boat or come with a tourist operator).

The dude who set up SKY TV in NZ owns a third of one of the islands up here, and Moturoa is quite affordable, but you have to share with 11 others on the isl. :(

Edited by bravomikewhiskey

Guest Spargo

The dude who set up SKY TV in NZ owns a third of one of the islands up here

Healtley's is P I M P .

A friend and I are going to buy it when we're loaded, and use it as a finishing school for our modelling agency, if you know what I mean.

Yeah, the council wouldn't let him build a wharf because his neighbour in the same bay (but round a small point from him) had one. He didn't want to walk around the point to his neighbours wharf, so he built a tunnel through the hill so he can drive his tractor or golf cart through. (Its about 100m away - can't be walking 100m now can we?

Man that's cool.

One of our newest billionairre residents up here (from Geneva) just built himself a Gondola so he doesn't have to walk down to the beach from his house - and he only lives there one week a year.

Another one just finished building his caretakers "cottage" for 1.2mill - his house has a budget of 11mill for the house. The cartakers cottage original budget was a third of what it ended up being, so imagine how expensive his house might end up!

And another one just had a valuation of his section - 1 mill per acre for the undeveloped, unbuilt-on portion - and its rural beachfront. You expect those prices on city beachfront, not rural!