Sign in to follow this  
huff3r

Flatmates Wanted Hamilton

Hey guys, so I made the ultimate mistake of agreeing to be on the Tenancy when I moved house with my flatties. I have since been offered a much better deal elsewhere by my parents, after having some difficulty in getting along with one tenant. 4 weeks after moving out however, I am still paying rent as the tenancy is a 12month fixed term. I am stuck paying rent until the old flatmates find a replacement for me. They will not give me the contact details for our landlord, nor access to the tenancy agreement. I am trying to sort this out with them however.

It would be muchly appreciated if anyone who knows someone wanting to move into a flat in Hamilton can send them the below link, or even if you guys could just help spread it around a little, as I'm really struggling with bills in amongst this mess!!

I'd better clarify that the reasons for the issue getting along with the old flatmate is that I am studying aviation, which involves many early starts, whilst they are at Uni and prefer late nights and the odd party.

Trademe Link:

Wow, tenancy issues. Had so many of them this year. My girlfriend is in the exact same situation as you are at the moment. Sigh.

Definitely contact the tenancy tribunal re. not being able to be given the contact details for your landlord, or accommodation services at university by Gate 2a. They have a list of all the landlords really.