Sign in to follow this  
mossline

E39 headlight problem

Hi guys, so a while back on a trip up the country i noticed one of my high beams were on, I pulled over, took the key out of the ignition and the light was still on. For a temp fix I just disconnected the bulb.

But now WOF time is nearing.....

I know its the LCM thats spazzed out but I was hoping to avoid touching the LCM and going down another route but would like your guys' advice on whether what i want to do will work ok or not?

I figured I could just run a wire from the headlight that DOES work properly so that when it is activated, the offending side comes on too thus bypassing the LCM.

Will this work ok?

Thoughts/ ideas?

Thanks in advance.....

I figured I could just run a wire from the headlight that DOES work properly so that when it is activated, the offending side comes on too thus bypassing the LCM.

Will this work ok?

Thoughts/ ideas?

Thanks in advance.....

This is likely to overload the LCM and throw a fault code on your display

Thats what I figured but to be honest a fault code isnt really going to bother me as long as it works and doesnt mess up the actual workings of the LCM.

Where would I send the LCM if I wanted to get it repaired and roughyl how much do you think I would be looking at?

Thanks Glenn!

Thats what I figured but to be honest a fault code isnt really going to bother me as long as it works and doesnt mess up the actual workings of the LCM.

Where would I send the LCM if I wanted to get it repaired and roughyl how much do you think I would be looking at?

Thanks Glenn!

Give me a call