Sign in to follow this  
E36 M

Skydiving

Anyone know of a good place to do a skydive? And roughly the price? As i can't access the websites through work and need the prices and places etc by the end of the working day.

My girlfriend got me a skydive voucher for my birthday. I did it in KeriKeri somewhere but can't remember the name of it. It was around $199 (was a grabone deal) but I think it's normally around $299.

Was unlike anything you will ever do! Especially if you wind up the guy you are strapped too, makes for a fun trip down!

Haha i hate heights yet have jumped off skytower and harbour bridge, keen to step it up!

i jumped for my 21st. cost me 450 bucks at 12,000ft by myself. included whole day training.

Oh really? So you need training and all that before hand?

Oh really? So you need training and all that before hand?

Only if you want to do it solo.

I did it in Taupo with another person (Tandom) who was qualified to jump. It was quite a bit cheaper and still at 12,000 ft. Was awesome - scenery down there was amazing, perfect day too!

I did a 12,000ft one out at Parakai, not sure of cost as I got it for christmas from my girlfriend, but was about 300-400 I think.

One of the best things I've ever done and I definately recommend it!

Make sure you pay the small upgrade fee to go the highest, iirc it cost me under $50 to upgrade from 4,000 ft to 12,000 ft, which made the freefall 45 secs instead of 5 secs or something like that!

hurts like a motha f**ka up da groin when pull the rip cord LOL and landing too is deceptive... looks slow but when u touch ground ur going like running pace

Wife used to do this for a hobby / sport. Have done a number of jumps myself, but not really my thing.

In terms of jumps there are three main types you can do as first timers.

9000 -12,000 ft jump strapped to a jump master (Typically they have done 1000's of jumps and have quals match) This is normally a quick turn up and jump process.

9000 - 12,000 ft Excelerated free fall. You go through training , get to jump out at 9-12,000 ft and you will have two jump masters follow you down to the point of chute deployment (this is normally the most expensive)

3,500 Static line jump. Typically a morning of training , you jump out of the plane by yourself , your rip cord is attached to the plan and the first chute will deploy within about 3 seconds. Should you have trouble with the first chute you are trained in how to cut away and deploy the second.

btw , first time jumper and student rigs have a device that will deploy the emerengcy chute should the first chute fail or your unable to deploy the first one for some reason.

The thing I like about sky diving is the saftey regs and the disipline that's used in the sport. It's not without risk but in my opinion is better regulated and safer that bungy jumping or bridge swinging and it's one of the biggest buzz's you have in your life.

I wouldn't be too worried about who you choose as you'll enjoy it regardless and the regs in NZ mean that the jumpmasters are quality operators with a tonne of experence.