Sign in to follow this  
Sudo

starting to mod the e36

Starting to mod the E36 now, only small mods,

Wanting to know the best/cheapest places to get a full exhaust system done?

The muffler shop quoted me $1,000 for a full system, but it seems rather steep.

I was gona get some king springs for it, but since it almost scrapes my driveway at stock height, I duno if I will.

Thats a lot. Not sure if e36s have some hidden nightmares, but you should be able to get a full system for under $500, (no flash muffler) from a muffler shop.

Im not sure if i would put a big pipe on it if i were you. Maybe take the cat/res out and put a high flow muffler on. It will be cheaper.

Lower = scrapping.

you can definitely get a full system for UNDER $500... sparkle's in twin system right to the back with 4 mufflers and that was $500..

don't go too big - use 2" pipe.

press bends are fine, f**k spending moonbeams on mandrels on a stock 1800 n/a

get a small resonator up front, decent straight through muffler at the back.. DTM tips with a decent upsweep look mega on compacts :mosh:

keep the tip size down, and dont buy a muffler like tims that just fell apart.

werd! :thumb:

Guest Andrew

Al's Mufflers on the shore are sweet - they should hook you up for around the $500 mark.

Al's Mufflers on the shore are sweet - they should hook you up for around the $500 mark.

thanks, might check it out,

but what about hamilton area?

also wheels, who has cheap ones that will look decent on the E36? xtreme bodylines is getting back to me with some prices, but I want options

as a benchmark in price, bout 4 years ago I hand hand built headers and system built for my 2.5 skyline:

Six tuned 2.5 inch pipes off the head, into two, into one into a 3 resonator muffler system consisting of a 2.5 inch piping throughout. Three inch piping where it bends over the diff etc. All stainless from the 3x2 collector.

cost $950 + gst.

So for a four pot, even with inflation and not a hand built system, I would say 600 buks for a top job and stainless would be top dollar.

Hope that made sence :)