Sign in to follow this  
central3

OBD11

Electronics are a bit of a mystery to me but Repco are clearance selling Chinese CAN OBD11 T40/T45 diagnostic hand helds. Seems cheap at $80 but only so if it works on my late 02 M3. Any comments?

They'll only show OBDII 'p' codes .. not all subset BMW specific codes.

OBDII is an american emmisions standardisation that was used to standardise vehicle diagnostics when american WOF station wanted to test for emmisions. Unfortunately it has pretty limited output on the codes and wont cover the detailed or more BMW specific stuff.

Plug-in generic handhelds: Americans love this sh*t for some reason.

I would be looking at something a bit more BMW specific such as Autoenguinity. However even this doesnt cover everything.

They'll only show OBDII 'p' codes .. not all subset BMW specific codes.

OBDII is an american emmisions standardisation that was used to standardise vehicle diagnostics when american WOF station wanted to test for emmisions. Unfortunately it has pretty limited output on the codes and wont cover the detailed or more BMW specific stuff.

Plug-in generic handhelds: Americans love this sh*t for some reason.

I would be looking at something a bit more BMW specific such as Autoenguinity. However even this doesnt cover everything.

Thanks Josh - I was waiting for your input on this - not much use to me then - thanks