Sign in to follow this  
EdwardC

Where you guys go for your BMW FULL service?

I just bought a BMW 520i, I wanna to have my car full service, could you gus please tell me which work shop is the good place to go? (Reasonable price and good service plus BMW original parts)

Many thanks!!

go to BMWorkshop in grey lynn

or Bellars Motor Werks over the shore

I agree with Ryan.

Depending on where you live, either of them are good.

Cheers

Grant

BMWorshop is at :

315 Great North Road ,PO BOX 78 162, Grey Lynn,Auckland

Telephone

+64 9 376 1236

Facsimile

+64 9 376 1283

Email

service@bmworkshop.co.nz

Toll Free Number

0508 FIX BMW

0508 349 269.

Bellars Motor Works is oposite the Wendys and next to the Shell petrol sation on Constellation Drive (i dont know the address sorry)

09- 478 7011

Hello and Welcome to Bimmersport.

Why not just get it serviced at BMW? (Like the authentic one)

This is Bellars address

Bellars Motor Works Ltd

Unit 2/3 Vega Place off Constellation Dve Mairangi Bay

Auckland

Is it Bellars or Burgers? (or are they the same one??)

There's a Burgers Motor Works that do BMWs & Mercs on the shore as well...

Guest Andrew

because they charge 90/hr

All the more reason to be a BMW Techie then :)

apparently unable to service a BMW unless a BMW tech apparently??? bahahah

easy as pie.

worried about the sevice indicator showing ur car in dire need of a service? GOOGLE ON and find out how to reset it, 'tis fkn easy as!

BMW service agents = :gay:

$90 my ass!

apparently unable to service a BMW unless a BMW tech apparently??? bahahah

easy as pie.

worried about the sevice indicator showing ur car in dire need of a service? GOOGLE ON and find out how to reset it, 'tis fkn easy as!

BMW service agents = :gay:

$90 my ass!

I agree, go to your normal garage, or do it yourself if thats commonplace, then if that garage doesnt reset the service meter - reset it yourself, google can dredge up how to do it,

Yeah i know you can do it yourself.

But wouldn't you rather have FSH from a BMW dealer or something for resale value?

Oh and u can buy service reset tools for like $80

It doesn't really make that much of a difference for resale value ...

I'm not going to argue about it or anything, but if your looking at a car with no service history whatsoever aren't you gunna wonder about it just a little bit?

I actually quite agree with having FSH is good for resale. I'd go for an example with FSH and higher ks rather than one without FSH with lower ks. I certainly do not want to replace all the fluid, belts etc. after forking out $$$ to buy the car, because I can't tell when the coolant was replaced, say.

It doesn't really make that much of a difference for resale value ...

It will 10 years down the track. I wouldn't have bought mine without a history, I'm looking at Merc S Classes at the mo, and if theres no history, I'll be running a mile, as should anyone with half a brain. I wouldn't want a car some f**king poser has owned who hasnt changed the oil for 50,000km Edited by E30_318i

So far I am quite lucky, bought my e36 without pre-purchase check, no service history and freshly imported into the country for 6 weeks (from Jap) and it quite nicely (except for a cr*pped out wheel bearing which all e36s do sooner or later). Did a full service on it and still quite a bit cheaper than same model of equivalent age and miles.

When you talk to the seller, you will get a sense of how good the person treats his/her car and I bank on that.

But i'm referring to his one right now ... if the car hasn't been to BMW to ages already anyway .. it's not gonna make any difference ..... where he goes this time around ....

point taken...

but if he's gonna keep his car for a while, start going to somewhere reputable is not a bad idea. I would say 3-4 years worth of receipts is as good as a Full history since new as far as resale value goes. As long as everything that suppose to be changed is changed for its time/milage.

I have done the FULL Service for my E39 520i at Bellars today,the following is the report:

dampness power steering hose. minor cracks drive shaft donut, rear tyre treads getting low. minor play left rear wheel.

base this report could you guys give me some suggestions? many thanks.

I have done the FULL Service for my E39 520i at Bellars today,the following is the report:

dampness power steering hose. minor cracks drive shaft donut, rear tyre treads getting low. minor play left rear wheel.

base this report could you guys give me some suggestions? many thanks.

power steering hose - could be getting tired - if it's a swaged fittings type - needs replacement, or could be a hose clip loose if it's that type. Might not be anything to worry about but get it seen to, dont wanna have p/s fluid pissing out over everything... messy

drive shaft donut- wear and tear, see what your mech reckons... get it replaced asap if he says it's in need of replacement - you dont want your driveshaft flying around by itself, and the donut will be at the front of it = car pole vaulting at 100kph :o

rear tyres getting low-self explanitory

minor play left rear wheel - wheel bearing normal wear - get it adjusted if possible... easy fix, at worst it'll be a coupl of new wheel bearings ^_^

Any one tried German Automotive??? i find them good and they dont charge a crap load......... And i agree with the service indicator it is a piece of piss, and as far as proper BMW service places, EG Team Mac Millan, they dont even do work on cars there they send it out to other garages, only things they do are oil changes etc..... pretty damn crap i thought.

As an older member, I couldn't agree more with the FSH comment. I've just bought my E39 and it was NZ new, one owner, FSH at the local BMW agent. For me, that was worth paying a little extra. Peace of mind with BMWs goes a long way...

I compare that to the two imports I'd bought before, with no service history and questionable mileage and the various little troubles I had. I will only buy with FSH from now on. I also always get serviced at the local agent (Jeff Gray BMW here).

As an older member, I couldn't agree more with the FSH comment. I've just bought my E39 and it was NZ new, one owner, FSH at the local BMW agent. For me, that was worth paying a little extra. Peace of mind with BMWs goes a long way...

I compare that to the two imports I'd bought before, with no service history and questionable mileage and the various little troubles I had. I will only buy with FSH from now on. I also always get serviced at the local agent (Jeff Gray BMW here).

Exactly the same with my parents BMW's.

2 Jap imports, E30 & E36, E30 was fine... E36 not so fine, no readable SH on either.

With BMW's, since they are such complex machines (with any car these days really) Service history goes along way.