Sign in to follow this  
Allanw

E39 525i manual owner

Hi All,

Just purchased a 2001 model (built november 2000) E39 525i Manual.

I'm a happy boy.

My Father still has a 1990 E30 325i SE manual, which he has had for about 16 years! I do all the reapirs on it, and know it very well. We had a 1996 E39 525i and a 1998 E36 320i in the family in the past too.

Hopefully I won't have to ask to many technical questions (don't want any problems!), but I'm fairly good with spanners - I have a 1972 Beetle, and a 1984 VW Transporter which I put a 2.5 Subaru into.

Anyway, glad to be here!

Pics:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Allan.

Welcome to the forum!

Bloody nice car, not too many manual e39s around, but im sure there are a few on here. Bit of a car enthausiast, what we like to see :)

You should learn alot from the very clever people on here :P

Anyways, welcome again.

Nice car mate - I went to check that out on Monday night.

It is a previous member's car too.

Welcome.

Nice car mate - I went to check that out on Monday night.

It is a previous member's car too.

Welcome.

Please tell me it's good!!!! I haven't even seen it yet! Not an auction, so consumer gaurantees act applies B) I won't see it until Monday either :-( Depressing!

The Mrs will be in it most of the times... the sprog mobile. More room, and certainly safer than her current 1995 Impreza. With 320K on it.

Impreza anyone??? :D

Bloody nice car, not too many manual e39s around, but im sure there are a few on here. Bit of a car enthausiast, what we like to see :)

You should learn alot from the very clever people on here :P

Manual was why I brought it. It's not like you can wait for a better one to come along!

"enthusiast"... I've also had a few other old VW's, a bunch of NA subarus, a Suzuki Cappuccino and a Wagon R turbo and a Daihatsu Max 2 stroke amonst other things... I think I'm more of a car wierdo - hence wanting a manual e39 I guess!

Yeah it was pretty good - needed a few spots of panel and paint if you wanted it to be mint, but nothing too serious. At that price, definitely a good buy and wasn't going to last long!