Sign in to follow this  
my_e36

New BP Ultima (Blue Gun)

as topic, I just had a tank of that in. Compare to the old Ultima (Gold gun), it's so different. The gold gun 98 feels like other's 96. This Blue gun 98 is definitely an improvement over 96. Seems to use less fuel too (the fuel usage meter thing below the rev meter is showing higher for the same throttle and speed)

Just a point though, I heard that the ECU adopt to new fuel pretty quickly but do a a couple of full rev acceleration will help the ECU do it quicker. Myth or Fact, don't really care. But it seemed to work.

haven't tried it myself, but my Dad took his e30 to aux, and came back telling me how much better the car performed/ran on the way back. Thought it must of needed a good run. Wasn't for a day or two that he realised he had put the new fuel in - so thats as objective a test as anyone can do (i.e. notice a difference when you're not looking for one).

I was looking for being "indifferent" for the old and new as I thought they are just marketing hype for changing colour but keep the branding. I have to say I was plesantly surprised.

Guest Andrew

I was looking for being "indifferent" for the old and new as I thought they are just marketing hype for changing colour but keep the branding. I have to say I was plesantly surprised.

yeah they need to be able to justify charging $1.50 for 98 in the future.

yeah they need to be able to justify charging $1.50 for 98 in the future.

I was just going to ask what the price difference was. I currently run my was on 96 so would be interesting to run that down and use 98 for a couple of tanks.

In my old Prelude it came running on 91, I changed to 98 and holy hell the difference was noticeable.

In my old Prelude it came running on 91, I changed to 98 and holy hell the difference was noticeable.

Honda seem to respond well to high octane petrol especially those DOHC VTEC ones. I guess they are meant for Jap fuel (100 octane)