Sign in to follow this  
deeveus

Subaru help or repair manual download

We have a jetboat with a EZ30 H6 Legacy engine. Was wanting to know if anyone would know where to download a repair manual for it? Specifically we need to know the specifics of the cooling systems e.t.c. Have searched bloody everywhere today!

Cheers.

Don't have a manual for one of these, but am very familiar with Subaru (I put a subaru 2.5 in my VW van, amongst other things)

What are you having problems with? Are you just installing the engine?

A lot of people don't realise you can't close off the heater circuit - it HAS to be a loop (with some restriction)

Try www.clubsub.org.nz which is the NZ Subaru forum, i don't have time to have a quick look but fairly sure they should have any info you are after.

Don't have a manual for one of these, but am very familiar with Subaru (I put a subaru 2.5 in my VW van, amongst other things)

What are you having problems with? Are you just installing the engine?

A lot of people don't realise you can't close off the heater circuit - it HAS to be a loop (with some restriction)

Yup because when they were installing the computer it overheated and blew the hoses because the heater was closed off!

Yup because when they were installing the computer it overheated and blew the hoses because the heater was closed off!

Hehehe... so it's sorted then? The heater hose issue is THE most common mistake people make! Very easy to do :lol: That hose is pretty much the ONLY thing that will open the thermostat (until the engine is WAY too hot).

Sounds like a cool project! Must sound MEAN!

I want to replace the VW gearbox in my Kombi with a subaru one (conversion is about $4K though) and then change the EJ25 to an EZ30. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM B)

Hehehe... so it's sorted then? The heater hose issue is THE most common mistake people make! Very easy to do :lol: That hose is pretty much the ONLY thing that will open the thermostat (until the engine is WAY too hot).

Sounds like a cool project! Must sound MEAN!

I want to replace the VW gearbox in my Kombi with a subaru one (conversion is about $4K though) and then change the EJ25 to an EZ30. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM B)

Nope not sorted. It's an older H6 engine, none of those above are unfortunatley suitable.

Cheers :)

if you still need details, pm me specific things you need to know and the details (year and model) of the car its out of and ill check at work. if its fairly new i could get pdf's other wise scanning will have to do.

i work at the subaru dealership in the workshop so we have most work books for older cars and all CDs for the new ones

When you say older, is it first gen EZ30, or is it the EG33 from the SVX?

Have you got overheating issues still?