Sign in to follow this  
m325i

Wet Floor

Happy New Year.

After driving for a couple of hours in some of the heaviest rain ever, I noticed that the rear passenger foot well was soaked. Lifting up the carpet revealed quite a bit of water. I have soaked up most of it, but where is this coming from?

I have looked around the net and it seems fairly common, but not much info on how to fix the issue. Is it likely to be bloacked sunroof drains? If so what is the best way to unblock? (I don't have compressed air).

I could't find where the exit for the sunroof drain is?

Any help guys?

Cheers

Edited by Nick G

ive had a few issues with e30s leaking and none of the ones ive seen have had sun roofs. so it is quite possible it isnt the sun roof. and easiest way to find the leak, lift the carpet (or atleast the part that your concerned about) and get someone to spray water all over the car in every which direction they can think of, from up under the car aswell. if you see any water found the leak and fix the hole.

Thanks for the reply.

Yeah, I'm thinking that it's not the sunroof now either. The cowl around the windscreen and the rubber bit are perished really badly, I reckon that could be my problem.

Or someone else suggested the rain guard plastic sheet inside the door?

I'll update when I find out the problem..