Sign in to follow this  
Ahmedsinc

Central locking woes

Hi all - can anyone give me a location for the central locking module,'94 E36 325i? The unit still locks the car from the boot but does not unlock. Central locking still works fine from the doors. Am tracing what I suspect is a cable fault on the boot module, namely the white/blue trace (NC) The microswitch in the locking module tested ok for continuity, and I've jumpered from the common to both NC and NO to confirm - car locks when the NO is jumpered but doesn't unlock.

The Haynes manual tells me the central can be controlled by it's own unit OR by the ZKE - can someone tell me which unit will be fitted to my car so I don't have to tear apart both sides of the dashboard? :blink:

Highly frustrated thanks in advance!

(Car does not have remote locking from key fob, just in case that's useful)

Hi all - can anyone give me a location for the central locking module,'94 E36 325i? The unit still locks the car from the boot but does not unlock. Central locking still works fine from the doors. Am tracing what I suspect is a cable fault on the boot module, namely the white/blue trace (NC) The microswitch in the locking module tested ok for continuity, and I've jumpered from the common to both NC and NO to confirm - car locks when the NO is jumpered but doesn't unlock.

The Haynes manual tells me the central can be controlled by it's own unit OR by the ZKE - can someone tell me which unit will be fitted to my car so I don't have to tear apart both sides of the dashboard? :blink:

Highly frustrated thanks in advance!

(Car does not have remote locking from key fob, just in case that's useful)

bump

Yuo probably have a broken wire in the boot loom, where it's inside the gromett from the body to the lid - wire breakages are common-ish.

Yuo probably have a broken wire in the boot loom, where it's inside the gromett from the body to the lid - wire breakages are common-ish.

Turned out to be the ZKE module, popped it open and there is some scorching on the circuit board adjacent to the relevant plug. Did take a look at the boot harness and there was minor fraying on the actuator wires which I've soldered and heatshrinked to discourage any more shorts. Thanks for the help