Sign in to follow this  
McFly

E36 M3

Hi Guys,

Recently bought an NZ New 93 E36 M3, been wanting one of these for a very long time. Has a few minor points that need attention but you get that with an 18 year old car.

Keen to catch up with any other M3 owners for advice etc.

post-16232-1326662395.jpg

Cheers Marty

I had it checked out before I bought it. None of the error codes are now showing so thats all sorted. Still needs some minor issues sorting but pretty sure its all under control. Not worried if i have to spend some coin on it i doubt it'll ever be worth less than it is now as long as it gets looked after from now on.

Have driven it to Auckland and back since i got it without incedent and prob put closer to 2500k on it over all.

That's good to hear.

In a way I suppose it depends if you enjoy fixing a few things on an older car. Personally I prefer a car that needs a bit of money spend on it as it keeps things interesting.... a project as such.

Haha, yeah something like that. Given what i paid for it and what i think it'll need it's still a good deal. the main thing for me was the motor and box being strong which it is. Other than that it can be sorted when i get round to it so i'm really happy with it.

Welcome. most of the people here loves to tinker with their cars so you will find useful insights into problems you may come across and we do have some professionals here as well.