Sign in to follow this  
max

I need some advice on lowering my e30 Touring.

Hey guys, I'm looking to lower my e30 Touring, 6cyl. It sits lower in the rear as it is, I want to get the front down to a similar/lower level.

I've been looking at these: http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=440069947

Would getting front springs on their own be a daft idea? Would I have to get new shocks? (not sure what the current shocks are) <_<

Would the king springs be ok in that I don't want the handling or ride to suffer too much?

Cheers,

Heres the car as it is:

Posted Image

I had E30 low in the front, E36 low in the back, if you go E30 low in the back it will sack out more than the front and look like sh*t.

This was a good height, could drive hard over anything without bump steer or bottoming out.

Posted Image

agreed ^ thats how mine sits at the moment lower at the back annoys me , im now taking the coilover route now though .

thats a nice level height apex

Looks super nice apex!

I've been thinking about coilovers too, but I'm on a bit of a budget. A mate of mine has just put JOM coilvers in his Jetta, and is pretty stoked with them at the moment.

He picked them up here, price delivered works out pretty nicely too:

http://www.veedubmachine.co.uk/index.php?m...roducts_id=1199

I might see how new springs go for a start and upgrade later.

I have just changed the front springs to lower the front as my rear is self leveling. Standard shocks.

What you will find is that even older shocks if they are in reasonable condition will actually perform alittle better due to the deduced stroke from the shorter springs.

Get the springs and a good wheel alignment. Take it for a test drive you might get away without changing the shocks.

Plus changing the shocks in the back of an E30 touring is possibly the most time consuming shock swap I have ever done, you have to remove most of the interior in the back and when you do finally have access to the towers you will find they were designed by Hitler... and then you have to put it back together again.

If you do do it make sure you do the top hats at the same time, its not something you want to do twice.

I didnt bother changing my shocks, too much money involved, but i didnt lower it too much, compressed springs all round and still sits at just over 100mm but looks the part.