Sign in to follow this  
m325i

Driver Training

I know some of you guys have been before, and there have been different formats.

Do you reckon this one would be worth it? You drive the new 3s, not your car.

post-2-1118993492.jpg

Guest Andrew

Gerry probably runs it - and he don't charge us 500 a day.

Plus - whats the point of doing it in an E90?

Edit: We met Andrew Myers at the AGM didn't we Grant?

Hmmmm would be nice to drive the E90 but whats the point when none of us are ever goin to own one................. I'd rather do it in that 875 HP turbo E30, now THAT would be worth 500 bucks :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Speak for yourself.

I wouldn't wanna be your bank manager..........................

Guest Andrew

Hmmmm would be nice to drive the E90 but whats the point when none of us are ever goin to own one

I was leaning more toward the fact that it isn't the car you drive every day - so whats the point of doing driver training in it.

Hehe well if no one is gunna own one then its not gunna be a car u drive every day??! I see your point though.

I agree with Andrew partially. You are better getting driver training in your own car. But, you can never have too much training either.

I'm negotiating with the boss to pay for this as our company does send us on driver training. Any excuse to thrash someone elses car. :lol:

I wouldn't wanna be your bank manager..........................

LOL :lol:

Definitely would be limited value going to a driver instruction session if it weren't going to be a car you were driving all the time. I got one of these invites too... has anyone checked if there is a cost for these sessions?

I ran a driver training day at Manfeild earlier this year, and have a rough idea of costs. Interestingly have also received an invitation to attend another day intended for 1-on-1 driver instruction... $160 for the vehicle, + $350 for a full day of 1-on-1.

(oh and my E90 test drive is booked for this Friday, 320d & 330i) :P

Guest Andrew

I ran a driver training day at Manfeild earlier this year, and have a rough idea of costs. Interestingly have also received an invitation to attend another day intended for 1-on-1 driver instruction... $160 for the vehicle, + $350 for a full day of 1-on-1.

(oh and my E90 test drive is booked for this Friday, 320d & 330i) :P

Thats a good price -

Let us know about the E90 - I liked it so much more when I saw it in person. Of course you'll be needing the 19" wheel option and mtech bodykit option.

I got one of these invites too... has anyone checked if there is a cost for these sessions?

500 + GST it says this on the invite :thumb:

500 bucks aint too bad depending on how much time you actually get in the thing.If you do a few laps at speed yoy can do some serious wear to your tyres.If you can afford it or justify it i would do it,get some time in a nice car and driver training is as much about attitude and behaviour not just physical driving skills/car control......

500 + GST it says this on the invite

Ahh, clearly I didn't read my invite very closely... either that or the Welly one didn't have a price tag on it.

Well the cost is definitely getting up there at $500.

The Manfeild day I ran for clients had a total cost of around $7,000 including:

1 x professional clerk of course

4 x professioanl driver trainers

70 x gourmet lunch

1 x track hire

I charged participants $50 per head, which covered roughly 1/3 of the cost. We also got one of the prestige car dealers to sponsor, and provide 2 x new Porsches & 2 x new Audis.

Edited by shadowninja

Really depends on what the day is all about.

I suspect the BMW driver training is all about learning car control in environment that is relately safe, not doing hots laps at Pukekohe.

As a result I would guess that you might get some full laps, but the most of the day would be about safe driving practises...Braking ...use of ABS...hazard avoidance at speed....the sort of thing the Holden Driver Training do for the Corporates.

For this I suspect it really doesnt matter what car you are driving, as lessons learnt should apply to anything you drive.

As for good value for money...contact Stu at Holden Driver Training and find out what they charge for a day....

I went last year to a bmw driver training day..

Was about same cost. Did it in my own car.

Youre going to learn a lot more in your own car. The E90 is going to be far superior to anything we currently own, so really youll learn to drive a car you'll have years from now.

Its far better to do it in your own car, especially when they let you do laps. It was run by the holden guys, morning was the ABS/exit&entry points/avoidance stuff, then afternoon we could do hot laps.

Was it worth it? Yeah - it cost less last year tho as we used own cars.

BMWCC is doing one in august aint they? Cost should be considerably less.

I was leaning more toward the fact that it isn't the car you drive every day - so whats the point of doing driver training in it.

Yes that is true, but also they get you there to market the E90's.

Drive it + fall in love with it = Buy it & They earn money.

I've also go an invite to an bmw driver training, but i haven't read it closely yet and i don't know the cost or place it's at, judging from the amount of interests i'm assuming it's up north?? stuff that ..