Sign in to follow this  
deeveus

MySky

Is it just me in Dunedin or is everyone not receiving HD transmissions on channels 1,2,3 ? I was watching the news lastnight on 3 and normally it's in HD but was pixelated terribly.

It's rather annoying that they say it's in HD yet the picture is absolute crap!

HawkesBay has recieved notification that the frequency will be changing for freeview HD next week and tvs will need retuning, perhaps something like this is happening down there?

Atmospheric conditions mate. Its the rain clouds that do it.

So it reverts back to SD I take it? It was pissing down here quite hard lastnight so that oculd explain it. Not raining here now will try it again.

Cheers.

Atmospheric conditions mate. Its the rain clouds that do it.

Watching it now mate and still in SD. Looks terribad!

Watching it now mate and still in SD. Looks terribad!

Your tv will have digital and analogue mode, you haven't switched it over on accident?

Nope, I even defaulted the TV back to default settings & set it up from scratch again, logged it onto wifi, setup all the inputs e.t.c. and still looks like a bag of sh*t. I have a 32" LED in our dining room aswell and it's running on FreeView HD and looks crap aswell and that is normally a very clear little TV.

If all the tvs in your house are like that then can't be a fault with your appliances.

Ours was down last night too,would have been the rain , pretty crappy for a new superior technology :-) we re-tuned the tv's again today and both seam ok maybe worth a try ?

Just out of interest do you guys run freeview through a dish or external aerial or internal aerials ?

We tried our external and it was bad"really old too " but it works really good with internal "bunny ears " :-) looking at getting dish tho

Edited by otago323i

If your TV has FreeView HD built in then getting a Satellite would be as good as a chocolate teapot. You'll need a UHF Terrestrial aerial.

The two TV's have FreeView HD built in and both are running on bunny ears (we are in Halfway Bush) which is quite a high altitude and brilliant reception, parts of Dunedin require the Terrestrial aerial with an amplifier - it's never been an issue before. In saying this, even when the TV is on MySky we get the same result as the picture being crappy. I only use the TV on 1,2,3 on FreeView because the picture is slightly better.

It only seems to be doing this since they made everyone in Dunedin re-tune their TV's

Cheers.

Edited by The Diesel Guy

Seems to have returned to normal now?

Ours is back to normal now, has been good for about 4 days :-) they must have stuffed something up when they changed the frequencies