Sign in to follow this  
fizzychicken

Need a good mechanic

Hi All

98 318ti Auto

Just failed my WOF due to 'Right front brake pipe crack and oil leak power steering'

Got 2 weeks from today until my current wof expires.

I live in Glen Eden/Auckland but I work in Takapuna/Northshore.

i'm looking for recommendations of any known good mechanic in either of these areas that isnt going to do me over. Due to work load I have no time to even consider looking at doing any of this myself.

Any recomendations greatly appreciated.

No time due to buying some farms in the wairarapa?

Why not use bm workshop in grey Lynn.

Could drop it off on the way to work and bus the rest of the way then pick it up on the way home?

Just be a little late to work, saves getting ticketed 200 for no wof.

Not sure of any places on the shore

Thanks will check them out, still open to recommendations if anyone knows of any and as Shaneg suggested...I dont mind going a little bit out of the way.

Yeah its pretty wierd waking up and seeing all over the news and TV that you are moving to NZ, my first thought was...'that's one slow news day...I moved here years ago!'

what shaneg said, you could take their loan car for 5 dollars plus petrol. they open at 7am iirc.

Try Earnst at Bavarian Motors Ltd. in Glenfield.

Not too far from where you work.

Obviously I'm going to recommend Glenn at Botany Motor Worx.

If you can't make it to Botany, try Burger's Motor Works in Wairau road - he's awesome.

Car is with Burger's now, needs a steam clean first to identify the extent of the leak then they will give me a quote. thanks for the recommendations.

Drew at Causeway motors on Barry's Point Road is a champ and has done a fair bit of work on my e46. Was very reasonable.

Car is with Burger's now, needs a steam clean first to identify the extent of the leak then they will give me a quote. thanks for the recommendations.

Car is all sorted now. I can't recommend Burger's highly enough. An extremely good service at a very good price.

When I initially took the car in they had the engine cleaned and then gave it back to me for a few days so they could check the extent of any leaks, they had my car during the daytime to fix all the bits that needed work. I was given the car back for the day so they could have it back in again to check their work held up. At the very end I was given an invoice for much less than I had expected. Burger clearly knows his stuff and I will no doubt use them for any future servicing/work that I (as always) have no time to do myself.