Sign in to follow this  
caim

Detailer in Hamilton or Auckland?

Hey guys I had a dealership polish my car a couple weeks ago, and iv just noticed in the sun light the car is covered in holograms from the buffer they have used. It's a black e36 and rather than go back there and have them do it again id like to take it somewhere else and have it done properly and get rid of these holograms! Is there anywhere in Hamilton or Auckland that are good with this sort of stuff?

My car is similar to this

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v631/gts.../DSC00003-5.jpg

Edited by caim

Scott , just wondering what you do to maintain the finish ? That was a spectacular transition.

Hi Neal, its been pretty much impossible to keep it looking that good. Anytime you touch your car you'll scratch it but in saying that its only about 10% as bad as it was before I got it done. I just wash with a lambswool mitt and dry using microfibre towels. Right after I got it done I was really careful when washing etc but I soon got bored of that when I realised there was no way of avoiding scratches completely, especially on a black car.

I also use a polish called Zaino, its really easy to use and looks damn good and somewhat fills the swirl marks you get from washing and drying. As long as you keep applying it every month or two you should be sweet and your car will be looking mint. Only downside is that you have to order it from Australia, its pretty expensive but you hardly have to use any product for a coat so it lasts ages.

I highly recommend PFS, even when my car is filthy it still looks cleaner than most.

I know someone in Hamilton that do detailing cars as well and also they are the importer of high end good quality car care products such as Swissvax and CarPro (famous for Cquartz and IronX). Finally, someone did bring in some good products into NZ and without having to import from overseas. The website is www.maxdetail.co.nz. I have use the CarPro Iron X and Tar X on one of my wheels and I was blown away by the ease and how the product react to wheel cleaning and Tar (Very effective and easy). You guys should have a look at it under CarPro on their website. I am eager to see the price of Swissvax waxes when they list on their website.